IGNORED

amenmodem - moduloscillator

Guest EleminoP

Guest EleminoP

moa2.gif

Music Online Archive is proud to present the debut release of Bloomington, Indiana based computer scientist and sonic sculptor amenmodem. Walking on a three way tight rope between digital decimation, post-dancefloor grooves, and pure avantgarde experimentalism, the artist shatters preconcieved notions of music and assaults the listener with a continuous aural onslaught of fractured rhythms and warped waveforms. Constructed using a combination of analogue tape techniques and a custom built Max/MSP software developed in autumn of 2010 (from which the works title is derived), moduloscillator breaks new ground and bends new minds alike. (Released 1/18/2013)

http://geocities.ws/moa/

http://archive.org/details/Amenmodem-Moduloscillator

yes they are cool tracks indeed. i'm wondering what kind of tape was used and if it's why they all have a certain lo-fi tone that they are coated in, because it doesn't sound like what i would expect from cassette, and i'm not terribly familiar with reel decks but it doesn't sound like one of those either (to me). almost sounds like an old (early 80s) film or something. anyway, whatever it is it's a cool effect and i dig that kind of attention to detail with regard to tone. the sounds are cool too. pretty avant garde but interesting enough to hold attention, with help from the sound design.

Guest EleminoP
yes they are cool tracks indeed. i'm wondering what kind of tape was used and if it's why they all have a certain lo-fi tone that they are coated in, because it doesn't sound like what i would expect from cassette, and i'm not terribly familiar with reel decks but it doesn't sound like one of those either (to me). almost sounds like an old (early 80s) film or something. anyway, whatever it is it's a cool effect and i dig that kind of attention to detail with regard to tone. the sounds are cool too. pretty avant garde but interesting enough to hold attention, with help from the sound design.

Thanks. It's actually just a crappy little cassette recorder with a built in mic and a line-in. It also had a switch to run at 3 different speeds. Unfortunately, it broke.

Archived