IGNORED

Exaz

zleep

Guest active galaxies

Nice sounds going on, both in terms of the pads and your choice of percussion noises and fx, but it doesn't all hang together as a whole track that well.

Kind of needs to settle around something, a steady hi-hat pulse for everything else to trip off might be an idea. I always think even in Ae's most mental moments you can hear how it relates back to hip-hop beats. Nice sounds though, really like the airy pads. Don't stop.

I like the sounds and the textures, but I might suggest expanding on the melodies a bit. Also, I like the complexity of the percussion, but I would give it more of a rhythmic backbone so it's got more groove. In particular, some kind of 3/4 or 4/4 kick or hi-hat at every step.

Overall I like the direction so far. It has potential.

Pads sounds like sampled and reverber old-gescom tracks, there are even small bass-sound that sounds like viral rival or smthng. Agree about non-groovy beats. As for Exai fakes, I made me own too a week ago using samples of snow-walking for percussion, nord micromodular for first bassline and moog modular for paddy sounds:

http://usprint.com.ua/FLeake.mp3 (attempting to make this thread leakexaiting)

I like the sounds and the textures, but I might suggest expanding on the melodies a bit. Also, I like the complexity of the percussion, but I would give it more of a rhythmic backbone so it's got more groove. In particular, some kind of 3/4 or 4/4 kick or hi-hat at every step.

Overall I like the direction so far. It has potential.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to make some rhythmic clue, I guess a 4/4 kick at every step may make it too quantized? I don't know... I will try it though :gamer:

Pads sounds like sampled and reverber old-gescom tracks, there are even small bass-sound that sounds like viral rival or smthng. Agree about non-groovy beats. As for Exai fakes, I made me own too a week ago using samples of snow-walking for percussion, nord micromodular for first bassline and moog modular for paddy sounds:

http://usprint.com.ua/FLeake.mp3 (attempting to make this thread leakexaiting)

I really like your fake exai, and I think the percussion and the bass in begining sound like early AE! The field sample sounds interesting! I sold my nord modular (G1+G2) last year and now begin to miss them, are you using arturia moog or the real moog?

The pad in my track is not sample, actually no sample is used in that track, all the sound except the percussion/noise in the back (not the hihat in the back) come from Virus snow, the percussion is synthesized in MaxMsp.

Expect more self-made fake exai :rolleyes:

Archived