IGNORED

album

Guest test pattern

Guest test pattern

so i am working on an album

to be more specific, its composed entirely of samples from 20s jazz tunes

it is almost in the 1st stage of completion (all songs completely composed/arranged)

so i would say it is at least demo quality

the style is sort of a cross between some of amon tobin's less-drill stuff and dabrye....a cross between simple and complex, but the beats all are pretty house/downtempo/hiphop based with the music staying complex despite being loop-oriented...

anyway

this is a cohesive album that i am considering releasing (only a handful of people have heard some of the older versions of selected tracks) and i am wondering if i should try and shop it to an actually label that prints cds and lps....or just try to use it to get exposure etc.etc. and get a net label to release it...

the last time i tried the demo thing was like over 3 years ago, and my material had no maturity to it....

this album covers a wide range even though its all based of similar sounds and ideas....its dark as well as playful at times....somes times dense'n'choppy n sometimes dancy...

so yeah

i know it kinda hard to answer me since you havent heard any of the tunes, but just tell me any thoughts you gots...

ps

if you got an idea for a title that'd be tight too

the theme of the album is the roaring 20s....like all the titles have to do with mobsters,alcohol,booze,jazz...right now its called: prohibition jazz....cuz my clever-braingrooves havent activated yet...

werd

test pattern

out

Guest Mr. Magoo

okay first of all

post some samples here

second

select only the best of the beat and add more saxaphone/trumpet to it as the leads

thirdly

release it on brown vinyl only 50/100 copies=only 1 disc per record(meaning slect the top 4 or whatever tracks)

fourthly

create a webiste as simple as can be, with maybe no audio sample, the only thing the site does is give the customer paypal options, no background info

fifthly

send some copies out to reocrd labels=20 tops=rephlex/warp/what ever

sixthly

enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest test pattern

aight....finally had some time....heres short snippets from each of the 11 tracks:

do you know anywhere that will do 50 or 100 copies of vinyl?

Guest test pattern

what netlabels do only internet releases vs actual cds/lps...

cuz itd be sweet to have this on vinyl...

the total album time is only 34 minutes-->that could be cut to some super thick wax n cut really deep....mmm thatd be tasty

Guest Mr. Magoo

no fuck netlabels just make a site where you have 2 sinppets and an order form to order this stuff.

btw WOW THAT MUSIC IS AMAZING JUST WHAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE, WICKED DARK BROWN VINYL :)

Guest Mr. Magoo

come on fuck thinking of the future problems this is totally the future, i've never heard anything like this, seriously this has to be on vinyl.

Guest test pattern

that thing is rediculous....i remember a while back a vinyl lathe was sold on ebay for like 10,000....that would be sweet to own....press like 10 copies, super limited runs of albums....

Guest yan_g of course!
I bet they sort of work on systems. I think it might be recorded without a line input though.

nah, you can only play it with this system. but you can record an lots of supports, such as cardboard etc, i'll post samples if i get it to work.

I bet they sort of work on systems. I think it might be recorded without a line input though.

nah, you can only play it with this system. but you can record an lots of supports, such as cardboard etc, i'll post samples if i get it to work.

Yeah, please do. It sounds like a fun toy.

Archived