IGNORED

A first listen

lyst

i like the use of that percussive sample from the beginning, the humming is also a cool idea in this context. i'd like the melodie to develop a little bit more, but thats just my humble opinion

really enjoyed your track, thanks for sharing man :)

This is a very interesting combination of sounds, and nice music too... I think it could do with being a bit more quantised, or a tighter performance, without getting into rigidly sequenced territory. You also seem to pull out all the stops upfront rather than letting them slowly build up, or replacing any parts with others later on. It's a beautiful snapshot, but there's no motion, it doesn't take you anywhere. I'd try either coming up with an alternative section and switching back and forth between them, verse/chorus style, or at least holding back on what you introduce at the beginning, so it progresses as you add layers, something like that.

Thanks for the insights. Yea much has to be done with this track, and most of what was said is right. Just a beginning :).

As far as the quantizing goes though, I'll do a little bit, especially if it's just straight up wrong and needs it, but too much takes away from what i'm going for. I prefer imperfection oddly enough.

Was drunk last night and this song would have never been uploaded if not. DAMNIT.

Oh, I totally agree it shouldn't be completely mechanical, that's obviously not the vibe you're going for. There's a middle balance somewhere that's worth exploring though, I think. When I try to add a human element to some of my tracks (say, playing violin samples), I play them by hand and then manually drag the particularly out notes closer to where they should be, a manual semi-quantisation. Maybe something like that might work well? Unless you're playing acoustic instruments, in which case it's harder to cheat like I do...

Agreed. Very unfurnished taste of this project. And that was it's purpose, just a taste :biggrin:

Btw, no samples were used in the making of this track. (referring to post about "percussive sample")

Archived