IGNORED

Vax - Synco

autopilot

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! going to give this a listen tonight with the gf and my brother over a few brews. Just from the samples it sounds decidedly less organic/warm and more synthetic than your previous releases (was this a conscious decision?). Not a bad thing at all! Just an observation.

I particularly like the second track you've got posted in your last post there from soundcloud. Reminds me of a couple of your tracks off "The Last Winter".

I wish I had something constructive to say RE your techniques but I don't have the language or technical know how to do so. I CAN say that your tunes are great man. Lots of respect!

I will report back after we've listened to Synco tonight!

Thank you very much, sir!

All I can really say about the direction I took with these songs is that I spent last summer (the time I wrote them) hanging out with a bunch of DJs who were exclusively into the house/techno retro throwback sound that a lot of the UK EDM scene latched onto after America killed dubstep. I wrote these tunes so that I'd have something fresh to mix in the 120s-130s when I was hanging out with them that didn't clash with their tastes too much. Thus, these tracks and the tracks on the forthcoming Siren EP on Santoku Records are very retro-house-influenced with an OG-dubstep focus on sub basslines and huge snareclap hits.

The stuff I'm making in 2013 is very different from this...glitchy, more focused on sound design and very little repetition in the songs...frustrating for DJs but great for stoners with headphones. Probably because I stopped hanging out with those DJs and their egos and instead choose to retreat to a dark room with a bag of weed and Exai.

[edit] For context if you want to get nerdy about it, this is the order stuff was composed, despite being released in a totally different order:

Circles - Last Winter - Pyroclastic - Synco - Siren - Stylus - In Green - Rising

Ah! I see, that gives me some context now. That makes sense given who you were hanging out with. Looking forward to what you've got going on in 2013. Love me some glitchy headphone-headfucks!

That being said, I have to catch up on your other releases here! I'm missing some of those you've listed.

Synco-night tonight!

Siren & Rising aren't out yet. The rest you can either download from the Bandcamp page, or you can stream the music there while there's links to retailers for stuff that's out on labels. There's also a bunch of EPs & singles not listed there or on Bandcamp, which you can get on Beatport/Boomkat/Juno/whatever...much more geared towards clubs and DJs. That stuff was all written in the years between Last Winter and Synco, when I was really focusing on the DJ thing.

Lest I seem egotistical talking about my creations too much, I'll just say thank you very much for the support and I'm glad people out there share the same excitement over this music as I do. :)

Archived