IGNORED

okay hey i want to know

Cryptowen

okay got these two new sumbitches here

http://soundcloud.com/xralt/subtropic

i'm thinking this one is a pretty healthy jam, although maybe the bass is a bit low on headphones? i dunno. THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING YOU GUYS

http://soundcloud.com/xralt/wavezz

i really enjoy listening to this one but i am sort of a drone hillbilly. there's a bunch of mp3 artifacts in there but it's SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE THAT OKAY A'IGHT

http://soundcloud.com/xralt/geode-mp3

oh shit i guess there's a third one here too wow bonus

Nice choons, mate

Nice texture and mood and playful ideas

You could probably bump the bass in "Subtropic" up 1-2db

(or hell you could bump 100-150hz up 1-2db over the entire mix, which would thicken up the kick a bit too)

yeah i knew the bass was a deal breaker on that first one. Something, i dunno, when I'm in the groove working on a track, they always sound way bassier than the final mp3 mixdown. Not sure if that's subconscious, or part of the DAW, or what. I might wanna get in the habit of not deleting my work files until 48h later or something

that third one is freakin amazing, love it

thanks man

funny how those sorta tracks work out, it was just one of those "made in two minutes" harmonic loops i generally do as a warm-up, was gonna bin it when I found myself thinking "you know this would probably sound pretty space documentary if I recorded it to tape"

Nah the bass isn't a deal breaker. It would be fine if you left it, but I do think you should boost it.

And yeah that third track is nasty.

Would you care to talk about what gear you use and how you use it?

Still working from the Korg MS-10 mainly, but these days I've been getting a lil more free-wheeling about how I process & resample in Jeskola Buzz. I make a lot of tracks that are just big hazy walls of sound texture (kinda like "wavezz" actually), & those usually get fed back into the woodchipper a few times to become the source samples for poppier efforts

Still working from the Korg MS-10 mainly, but these days I've been getting a lil more free-wheeling about how I process & resample in Jeskola Buzz. I make a lot of tracks that are just big hazy walls of sound texture (kinda like "wavezz" actually), & those usually get fed back into the woodchipper a few times to become the source samples for poppier efforts

ooh god MS-10

*drools uncontrollably*

that thing is a monster

it seems like it'd be perfect for really wet, rusty acid lines without even needing a distortion pedal

(is that an accurate assessment?)

^oh yeah, this thing has some mad distortion capabilities from the filter alone. and the noise generator is this real nice nostalgia fuzz situation, none of that harsh stuff

the day i bought the thing (real steal at $400 btw) i pretty much recreated "tassels" without even trying, just by fiddling around with the square tone

Of the 3 tracks I think I prefer the 3rd. The first two just didn't really grab me. I like the feel of the tracks overall though with the fuzz, hizz and mp3 artitacts as you put it which gives them quite a nice lofi vibe.

Archived