IGNORED

Qatarsis - Futurismo

Qatarsis

Hey Guys :)
I'd really like to share my new track 'Futurismo' with you. This time it's a little bit more beat-oriented, i had to change a few things about the groove for several times but i think now it's 'fluent', do you feel the same about it ? Usually i concentrate mainly on more melodic and atmospheric stuff.
anyway, i hope you like what you hear

i appreciate any kind of suggestions, critics etc. about this
thanks for taking time :)
have fun !

https://soundcloud.com/qatarsis/futurismo

greetz
qatarsis

I like this! It's got a minimal, dubby easy listening sound to it that I like, brings me back to the days when I listened to deep dish lol. I like the simple but calculated fx on the drums (sounds like a bit of phasing/flange).

Cheers

Vibing on this, man. Good call on keeping a varied flow on the percussion, it's not overtaking shit but it definitely has it's place and does what it's supposed to.

Tight production; everything sitting where it's supposed to be.

Really liking the general subtle variation on this, gated shit that comes in, pad variation, overall tight track dude

• 5 weeks later...

i really liked the question and answer kind of thing with the bass motif, i liked that the kick would accentuate it at times with a higher freq. I liked the snare timbre changes though the 1/2 beats. I liked there atmosphere.

...what i would do different would be; to play around with the bass both in timbre/modulation and also maybe more change ups at certain precise points, for me,the bass feels like it keeps asking and answering the same thing through out, i was hoping for,a change around the 1:30-40 mark. The atmospherics were nice enough however i would have 'said' a bit more with it, by modulation or playing with notes, they felt too still and not going anywhere maybe i would have added other element to elevate the background elements, the drums and mixing i found very nicely done. Good thing with this is that its a funky track that can seat in the background or have some strippers dancing to it lol

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

i really liked the question and answer kind of thing with the bass motif, i liked that the kick would accentuate it at times with a higher freq. I liked the snare timbre changes though the 1/2 beats. I liked there atmosphere.

...what i would do different would be; to play around with the bass both in timbre/modulation and also maybe more change ups at certain precise points, for me,the bass feels like it keeps asking and answering the same thing through out, i was hoping for,a change around the 1:30-40 mark. The atmospherics were nice enough however i would have 'said' a bit more with it, by modulation or playing with notes, they felt too still and not going anywhere maybe i would have added other element to elevate the background elements, the drums and mixing i found very nicely done. Good thing with this is that its a funky track that can seat in the background or have some strippers dancing to it lol

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

holy shit, the posts from october i've missed i think :X sorry for that guys ^^

@ceerial: very glad to hear that dude, all in all i must say that the beat is more one of my weaknesses, so this encourages me really ! much appreciated, those nice words

@od++: thanks dude, yeah, like i already said, usually this is not really my strenght, but in this track it somehow worked quite well, i've EQ'ed each clap on it's own and worked alot with the resonator effect in ableton to give it some kind of nice timbre. it's quite cool to hear some positive feedback regarding the percussion <3

also much appreciated man, really kind words :)

@sine nomine: thanks alot man ! yea the bass/kick flow/groove worked very well imo, too
i definitely get your point regarding minute 1:30-40 mark - the bassline is at that part actually playing one of the 'main roles' and it has still got the same timbre / modulations like before, some variation there would be really good, i'll see what i can do there, thanks for the input !
hahahaha i'd really like to see some strippers dancing to this :D
very very much appreciated man <3

sorry for not answearing y'all posts here for that long time ._. :emb:

yeah, liking this from the beginning. tight beat production. atmospheric intro that made me feel like i was going to "go somewhere" if you know what i mean. it has the kind of tension and buildup that i appreciate in a track, and even though the synth part didn't change much, i think it did achieve a real release (a slow one) throughout the track. i really dug how the beat changed up slightly right before the 2min mark. i think you can tell that a lot of care went into this. the layering and unpeeling of layers is very well done; i can just barely notice that something's changed right after it's already changed. love that technique.

yeah well done! nice one... keep them coming!

-bf

Archived