IGNORED

Religion

zlemflolia

O, and you might be screwed when you want to marry your special one and she isn't religious as well. By that time, they should either respect that you're going into another direction when it comes to religion, or, if you really love your potential wife, you might have to make a choice between her and your family. In the worst case scenario, that is.

And expect the same discussion when you start having kids. Consider that you might need your parents to look after them whenever you and your lovely (non religious?) wife have other stuff to do.

Interesting that you brought that up. My girlfriend is irreligious as well, though her father is an episcopal priest. She has respect for the teachings and had said that when we have kids, she wants to raise them episcopal. Despite my disbelief, I tend to like the episcopal church (tolerance and love is foremost, the bible isn't to be taken literally) so I really have no problem with that and it would make familial relations somewhat simpler.

But my parents have indicated before that even if I marry someone they don't like or agree with, they'll support me if I'm happy, so that is a plus, I think.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived