IGNORED

Subterarria (Ambient)

Brisbot

Dark, eerie, but not unnerving! I like it ;-) Complicated ambient tracks are cool i think. The static/electric sounds are a nice touch. Did you use sculpture for some of those sounds? Think i can hear it but maybe i'm wrong. Powerful sounding track, personally i think it needs more panning or something in places to stop it getting overwhelming. I listened twice and i don't really like ambient too much ;-)

Thanks! I honestly just made a number of patches in various synths. The weird static sound that seems to distort the sound is just phasing on one of the patches, just a tad to where it's distorting things. The wind effect are a few different types of noise filtered together. I didn't use sculpture, but I'm googling it now and it looks awesome. And yeah, I suppose it can get overwhelming. I tried to lessen it a bit to where I'm keeping the frequencies, but it's not like... grating in anyway. Guess I still have work to do in that area.

Hmm, is anyone else hearing clicking? One of us should fix that... :D

As for the music itself, it's great! Simply oozing atmosphere. I love all the little flourishes, especially all that hissing. I don't think I'd change a thing. Though I'd probably make a remix in addition, that segues into a version with a downtempo beat after a suitably long intro. But I'd keep the original just like this. :)

I could picture this kind of thing on Global Communication's 76:14, and I love that album.

Dude, you've got the whole dark ambient thing down.

Thanks! I didn't know it was a dark ambient song but... heh.

Hmm, is anyone else hearing clicking? One of us should fix that... :D

As for the music itself, it's great! Simply oozing atmosphere. I love all the little flourishes, especially all that hissing. I don't think I'd change a thing. Though I'd probably make a remix in addition, that segues into a version with a downtempo beat after a suitably long intro. But I'd keep the original just like this. :)

I could picture this kind of thing on Global Communication's 76:14, and I love that album.

I have little static noises that come up every so often which distorts the sound a bit (on purpose), so that could be the clicking. I'm always up for reusing the patches I made for it, though I think I'd try to mask it at least a little... that counts as a remix right? Heh. I can definitely see a little downtempo beat on a few parts, but I'd be hard pressed to do it since there's no time signature or anything, I just went with the flow and made "changes" where I felt they should happen. It's a bit shapeless in that regard.

i like your chords, but i think this track could be a lot cooler, don't ask me how, maybe some of those trap beats or some over pitched down voice samples... that is all.

Are you sure it just isn't because you're into trap/hip hop more than ambient? Strangely enough I did work on a hip hop song with a few down pitched samples a few weeks ago. I'll throw it up on soundcloud I guess. Though I am really "meh" about it. It doesn't feel fully formed even though I like some of the sounds.

no i was not, i'm a bit biased because i don't listen to almost any music so automatically your atmosphere made me think about those songs that are in fashion you know....

Then I'm left confused. Lol

what happens is that i don't listen to any kind of music besides african since the beginning of the year.

but, every now and then i listen to songs on radio, tv, youtubes, videos etc, and your song reminded me of something like that, missing the beats, that is all.

Archived