IGNORED

Obama's State of the Union 2014

awepittance

The president's job is to distract you from the fact that all of these mounting problems have taken on a life of their own and can not be attributed to one person or even a group of people. We can't pick a better fantasy football president because it's a force of fucked up nature. IMO

I think that's too cynical, it would be quite easy for Obama to stand up and be like "this is broken", "this is broken", and "American people, we really need to have a dialogue about how to fix this." He has nothing left to lose at this point; he's already been reelected. If I'm going to read things as charitably as possible, it seems that in an effort to avoid backlash he's tried to go for very incremental change, but to me it just seems like a big cop-out.

Frankly I just don't think he has the stature, vital charisma, and gravitas of an FDR, Kennedy, or even Clinton. Not that those guys were flawless or anything, but Obama has just become kind of a vacant rambler spouting the same "rah rah America" bullshit he thinks people expect of him. Maybe he needs to watch "Bulworth". I don't want him to start rapping, but he could at least speak his truth as he sees it. He just doesn't even seem to be able to look the audience in the eye and lie convincingly any more, lol. He needs to get his mojo back, I guess. Or else the NSA have something on him that has drained all his vital juices.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived