IGNORED

Obama's State of the Union 2014

awepittance

If everybody who wasn't going to vote voted for a third party instead, we would have a three- or even four-party system. Vote green bitches.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt proud to vote green in the last election. If everyone would just go online and take a look at each condidate's platform, most people would find quickly they don't wholely agree with either Democrats or Republicans.

Of course that's asking too much from the average American...

I felt proud to vote green in the last election. If everyone would just go online and take a look at each condidate's platform, most people would find quickly they don't wholely agree with either Democrats or Republicans.

Of course that's asking too much from the average American...

You will probably never wholly agree with with a representative such is the flaw of the republic.

did you guys watch the part where he brought out the injured veteran and almost pretended to cry? How absolutely disgusting was that? I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit, it was horribly crass

i havent watched this and now im very afraid to.

I cant really say much more than whats already been said here. Sad stuff.

Also, I've lost all respect for Rand Paul. I was hoping it we would be a good libertarian candidate.

"Good libertarian", sounds like an oxymoron.

I support anything that helps shake up the two party system, and brings balance.

I feel the same way, I wish the Green-Libertarian candidates were the actual choices.

I was on a libertarian kick for years, Ron Paul is still one the most sincere statesmen who has served, but I could not say I support him earnestly. He's still too naive and unrealistic on many issues. Plus he was shut down by the whole irrational, mean-spirited and nihilistic Ayn Rand loving bullshit part of the GOP that co-opted all of the worst bits of libertarian/tea party ethos, but there's a fair of reasonable people who consider themselves libertarian leaning. The ones that cross-over to anarchist and leftist thought. They aren't even remotely part of the conservative movement that's in power though.

People from all sides and backgrounds are fed up, but apathy is the establishment's best friend. If you stripped away the left vs right, red vs blue state, dem vs gop dicotomy you could seriously have say, tea party and occupy people discussing and agreeing about changes that need to be made.

haha I feel like I never reply to you because I agree with you.

Guest disparaissant

this is what i hate about amurcn politicks in a nutshell:

mk5MpDk.png

for reference, where i stand on the chart is -9,-9. bottom left corner. go fig.

i think fox news is garbage, but if what this former Bush speechwriter says is true, it's even sadder than I thought

to be fair, i remember seeing a video montage somewhere that showed every president since fdr saying the same, hollow sentiments in every state of the union. it's a pointless exercise, a waste of time and tax dollars. i mean the state of the union, not the presidency. i think.

i think fox news is garbage, but if what this former Bush speechwriter says is true, it's even sadder than I thought

to be fair, i remember seeing a video montage somewhere that showed every president since fdr saying the same, hollow sentiments in every state of the union. it's a pointless exercise, a waste of time and tax dollars. i mean the state of the union, not the presidency. i think.

The Reason article said no line was lifted directly. Seems like a reach in my opinion. Haven't watched this video though just read the article.

Do you think that he could have given a speech that would have redeemed him at all in your eyes or at least made you optimistic about the remainder of his term? I'm just curious. Or is he already passed the possibility for any redemption? Do you think he has done anything positive? Even indirectly?

Sometimes I think to myself; being Canadian wouldn't be so bad. Woe is me. Things have gotten much worse than I thought.

Why would it be bad?

=S

I'm not being completely sincere with that post, StephenG. Being Canadian is probably fantastic!

Do you think that he could have given a speech that would have redeemed him at all in your eyes or at least made you optimistic about the remainder of his term? I'm just curious. Or is he already passed the possibility for any redemption? Do you think he has done anything positive? Even indirectly?

he has totally passed the point of redemption, i see him as toast. He's done, nothing will redeem him from the NSA scandal, it's just too gargantuan to make any excuse for.

The whole fucking Nobel Peace Prize win has become so grossly appropriate in a sick, absurd way. More GIs have been killed in Afghanistan under his presidency already then were killed when Bush was in office. Hell, W actually did more to get us out of Iraq before he left office.

Also, the reckless continuation of the healthcare reform laws has been disappointing too. I really wish he had gone for actual reform, i.e. something closer to single-payer, than continue to push for the severely comprised joke of a bill that eventually passed. That whole online rollout deserved the backlash it received.

I dunno, this is why I'm just done with politics man. I can only discuss it with friends of mine who are just as defeated or here for similar reasons. GOP nutters get the blame more often for obvious reasons, but I'm just as agitated by the perpetual diehard Obama supporters (and I say that as someone who was an Obama apologist during the 2012 cycle). Somethings got to give, I just have no idea what it'll be...

(now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna imagine I'm about to listen to Tomorrow's Harvest on a solar powered turntable and tend my organic farm out in a beautiful place out in the country)

. Hell, W actually did more to get us out of Iraq before he left office.

the ironic thing about this is that Obama subscribed to the same time-table withdraw that W proposed, the difference was that Obama actually tried to fight that withdraw date and extend it. Out-doing W since 2008

did he speak of killing net neutrality and hiring criminal warlords to run US military operations?

I watched part of it and felt like I was watching a politician on a television in They Live....

I can't handle the lies anymore....

fuck all them turd lords

Guest nene multiple assgasms

if we need a third party right now it needs to be a party to get money out of politics/for campaign finance reform. they should vow to disband once they've accomplished their goals. this is the root our problems. it's why the house of representatives is so broken.

The president's job is to distract you from the fact that all of these mounting problems have taken on a life of their own and can not be attributed to one person or even a group of people. We can't pick a better fantasy football president because it's a force of fucked up nature. IMO

Archived