IGNORED

Hey guise, I've started a band, and here is a track of ours.

modey

This is really, really nice. It makes me think of mogwai or failure. Very cool stuff.....Do you have anymore? Excellent work.....needs more listens/comments!

zole, it's modey! and he bringeth a most wicked track..

arrangement/composition-wise this is one of the better things i've heard in this forum in a while.. the track moves very fluidly, it flows like an organic entity... i gotta say that this is not the type of music i regularily listen to but i can absolutely appreciate it; i loved the apocalyptic end-of-the-world sludge freakout in the middle-end bit..

sound-wise... i really didn't like the distortion you used on the main guitar... dunno, it sounded just too clean, too well-defined, not fuzzy enough around the edges.. but except for the distortion, the overall sound was pretty fcking professional sounding, really tight...

all in all it's a very good effort, beautiful melancholic psychedelica...

Thanks for the listens! I'm/we're working on an Ep of similar stuff, it's mostly going to be 'covers' of my usual Modex tracks. I guess I'll post them as they become available!

Also, the reason for the "I'm/we're" part is because this mp3 was entirely recorded by me, I'm in the process of teaching my band how to play it, ahah.

Ah, one more thing, in response to iep: Yeah, the guitar distortion is a little weird, I used Reason distortion and reverb on it, I'm still getting money together for some decent hardware guitar effects.

Well, if you can handle a soldering iron i'd recommend these three kits (all very easy to build and the pcb + components all come in one package):

Screamer - a TS808 overdrive clone.

A fuzz unit - modelled after the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face.

QuadraFuzz - a great design with complex fuzzing-possibilities.

yokine :grin:

you in perth?

if young what school?

EDIT: track dont work

Yes, I am indeed in Yokine. I'm too old for school, I work in the city.

Ps. Track works for me!

Well, if you can handle a soldering iron i'd recommend these three kits (all very easy to build and the pcb + components all come in one package):

Screamer - a TS808 overdrive clone.

A fuzz unit - modelled after the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face.

QuadraFuzz - a great design with complex fuzzing-possibilities.

Excellent, I'll check them out! The other guitarist/drummer in the band is selling me a homemade Big Muff clone, which does sound awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there...

this is sooo pretty! Aweosme. The first half is amazingly well produced for something homemade. I'm not sure the muddiness of the second half quite strikes a chord with me but I think other people might like it. Personally, I would have liked ot have heard some elements being muddy sounding and others more clearer, cos it kinda sounds a bit too different from the rest of the track.

But given that it's REALLY hard to get this kinda thing well produced at home by yourself I'll forgive anything liek that, and just commend you for hte awesome awesome song writting!

Nice and long and epic... VERy Mogwai-ish but with that distinct Modex vibe to it. I have to tell you the truth, I can't recognise any elements of the original Plasma Cuts AT ALL but that's ok, in fact I think that's very cool.

I'm very much looking forward to hearing more, I think you've made a good choice to concentrate on this.

Thanks! Yeah I agree it doesn't sound very much at all like the original, so I'm going to change the name when it's released in Ep form. I pretty much played some guitar chords over the original melody, and then slowed it down to half the speed, so it's kinda unrecognizable hehe.

Archived