IGNORED

Edmonton Wedding

guidewire

Nice and enjoyable chill track! As I listened two things quickly stood out to me that you could definitely make use of if you wanted without muddying the mix. For one you could use more of that unused reverb space with say, your piano with longer decay times, but not necessarily more reverb on the drums. I do like the manipulation of the drums you have, what with throwing some hits more in background, messing with the stereo space and all that.

The bass could also use have more saturation I think, without muddling the mix. Just the clippy part of it, not necessarily the tonality of it, so i can feel the vibrations in my skull. You could also try pitch bending it more. It seems like a texture that would sound great with more obvious pitch bending. Also vary the bend so it doesn't get old.

And as that other guy said, you should always look for variation of some sort! Not necessarily different parts, but just more automation in general, to make the existing textures more organic.

Archived