IGNORED

Rauwhout - collaboration project with musician

Guest Shockerbrown

Guest Shockerbrown

Hey guys,

How's everybody? (Promo, Mrs Jynx? etc)

Ok, not a track of Shockerbrown but a totally new music project: Rauwhout (Rawwood in english). A collaboration with a musician. He's the traditional musician and i'm the electronic artist/producer :)

He's also a friend of mine. He's a singer, plays piano and guitar.

It was a lot of work to produce a track like this. a lot of layers and samples. Maybe 30 hours work? But we're both very happy with the result :)

Here's the link where you can listen:

Rauwhout

Guest The Aztec Mystic

Oh yes , I love the drama behind the chords, really nice sequence, didnt know what was going on at first, sounded like a band warming up, i love those blasts of electric synth stabs that break the mix then fall out again, nice strings, trying to think of references, Mogwai? sort of has the same vibe as "Happy Songs For Happy People " or 65 days of static, id love of mix of this where towards the last 2 mins it just fucking explodes into full on rock, it always threatens to but never does, i guess this is part of the tracks charm. I really really like this, and its very well produced. well done.

Guest Shockerbrown
Oh yes , I love the drama behind the chords, really nice sequence, didnt know what was going on at first, sounded like a band warming up, i love those blasts of electric synth stabs that break the mix then fall out again, nice strings, trying to think of references, Mogwai? sort of has the same vibe as "Happy Songs For Happy People " or 65 days of static, id love of mix of this where towards the last 2 mins it just fucking explodes into full on rock, it always threatens to but never does, i guess this is part of the tracks charm. I really really like this, and its very well produced. well done.

Thx dude. Reall appreciate your review, thx!

Guest Josefmcb

i quite like this. can't decide if i like that synth that plays that melody though..i don't listen to a lot of this sort of stuff so i probably shouldn't comment too much but it's a nice little track.

Guest androne

this sounds real good, even on myspace, the birdchirps are a nice touch. listening to this i think that some smooth basslines, a little more upfront, on a bass guitar or something similiar would be a good fit.

at the end there i want it to break into some jungle safari style percussion by these guys:

Del-Palenque.gif

hmm, i thought i posted about this, as i listened a while ago.

i really didn't like it, so that may be why i didn't post, because there would have been so much to explain. i don't generally like to just say i don't like something without explaining every reason why, but i'm afraid i just feel that it simply doesn't work.

i will try and give it a more in depth listen later.

Guest Shockerbrown
this sounds real good, even on myspace, the birdchirps are a nice touch. listening to this i think that some smooth basslines, a little more upfront, on a bass guitar or something similiar would be a good fit.

at the end there i want it to break into some jungle safari style percussion by these guys:

Del-Palenque.gif

lol

But thx for you reaction. cool that you like the birds. the birds are also self-recorded in the woods.

hmm, i thought i posted about this, as i listened a while ago.

i really didn't like it, so that may be why i didn't post, because there would have been so much to explain. i don't generally like to just say i don't like something without explaining every reason why, but i'm afraid i just feel that it simply doesn't work.

yoow luke,

nah it's fine. i mean, i like people with honest reactions ;) but maybe it is just the style you didn't like and this is also an electronic music board ;) the sound of rauwhout is more organic and rough and less electronic.

i will try and give it a more in depth listen later.

that would be great. but i can say you this: there're a lot of hidden layers. so maybe you dig it more after a second listen ;)

but i really appreciate your honest review, thx.

Hey,

I thought it was quite nice... although I kinda just left it on in the background so I didn't give it too much attention... but it was really nice. The transitions from each section to the next were kinda choppy though, could be a bit smoother I reckon.

Guest Shockerbrown
Hey,

I thought it was quite nice... although I kinda just left it on in the background so I didn't give it too much attention... but it was really nice. The transitions from each section to the next were kinda choppy though, could be a bit smoother I reckon.

thx dude!

Guest brianellis

the production is really good on this, lots of layers etc... however, i feel where this song falls short is in the guitar parts. they're just not very inventive or provoking... i feel like i've heard that strum a thousand times before. it's good work, i just feel like the guitar is way too generic.

Archived