IGNORED

having connection problems, need help asap

chim

i'm trying to connect these things without any luck. no sound whatsoever..

the connections is currently going like this, the pci RME hammerfall card is connected with optical cables to the alesis ai3 adat interface. both in and outs are connected to eachother. the 1st analog "out" is then connected to the 1st line in of the mixer. the mixer has the Main out left and right connected via analog cables to the respective left and right monitors.

the adat interface doesn't display any signal being transmitted so that could be where the problem is, i'm not sure how to connect the optical cables, theres like 4 plugs on the rme card (one thats smaller) and i have no idea how they go.

Update.. the speakers work perfectly, I connected an old keyboard to the mixers and the audio works. it seems to be between the computer and the mixer then..

the adat out is ocnnected to the "line in" 1 channel of the mixer. the settings on the adat is analog in, not optical in, and +4dbv

hello.

firstly, i'd suggest reading the manual of yo0ur adat.

if there's no signal registering on the adat, then i would surmise that your mixer/monitoring chain aren't the [problem.. it's most likely to be before them in the feed.

so either your soundcard (nice card by the way!).. your leads, your optical setup or a toggle on the adat.. (or something's broken)

check the manual for optical configuration, and make sure the adat is set to recieve via optical. make sure your i/o leads between the card and the adat are properly coinnected to the correct sockets.

that's all i got... hope that helps/

i have a similar mixer... are you using the main outputs on the mixer (top right, next to the tape input and tape output)? or the ones on the back? I'd use the main ones. and on the line 1 make sure you have "1 Mute Alt3-4" pressed down and the "assign to main mixer button pressed on the right.

i have a similar mixer... are you using the main outputs on the mixer (top right, next to the tape input and tape output)? or the ones on the back? I'd use the main ones. and on the line 1 make sure you have "1 Mute Alt3-4" pressed down and the "assign to main mixer button pressed on the right.

Thanks that might help dude.. I'm using the main out yeah. The mute alt 3-4 i had no idea about the assign to main mixer thing either. thank you

"if there's no signal registering on the adat, then i would surmise that your mixer/monitoring chain aren't the problem.. it's most likely to be before them in the feed"

according to the manual the adat only gives signal when theres feed into the "In", not out.

yeh,.. probably a routing/output buss issue then.. check you've got the right output buss selected oin the channel strip, and check that the main output is routed to the outputs ytou're using.

also as i said, check the manual for optical i/o config.. make sure all the cvables are in the correct sockets.

make sure that your adat is set to optical rather than analog i/o also.

The rme card seems to be correctly connected now. on the settings it now says "sync" on the ADAT1, and if i click on adat1 for spdif output "48khz" appears (but the adat1 stops locking, but i assume thats natural). what's spdif and it is it any related to what im trying to do?

The adat1 is on optical and operating level is on +4dbu. its connected to the mixer line in 1 and ive got the mute (alt-34) set in. on C-R/Source i've put on "main mix".

but i'm still not getting any fucking audio!

someone suggested i connected 2 tele cables to 2 stereo channels or sumat like that. but ive got a balanced stereo cable from the adat 1 output going into line in 1 and dont think itd be necessary.

Archived