IGNORED

give my latest a listen?

digman

So far I'm liking what you are doing with the mix. I liked the stereo pad coming in and out. The synth texture work alright.

What I'm not crazy about is the groove. When the beat comes in and there is that shaker sound on the offbeats it sounds a little off kilter. The beat isn't really grooving, it is plodding on with a heavy-handedness.

If you want to have a slow techno beat like this it would be better for you to let the kick drum speak for itself at times, as in, lose the bass at times. With the bass going the whole time the drum groove doesn't sit.

I'd bring in a hi hat at some point doing 16th notes and let it groove on pads and drums, sans bass.

Guest colonelchibbers

Yeah I'm seconding the comment on the heavy-handedness. Feels like a fat dude hopping down a soundwalk. That's okay though, good first effort. It's tough to express yourself when you're very new to the tools. My first track was way shittier. This is kind of the barest skeleton of what a slow sort of techno song might sound like. Now that you know how to do some basic MIDI lines, get more adventurous. Try to surprise yourself. Fortune favors the bold, friend. Followed you and will be watching your progress. :)

I think the shaker and hats are too loud in the mix and seem to dominate. Perhaps some eq on them too to help them sit further back. Overall though I like it.

Archived