IGNORED

30 minute nanoloop (GBA) liveset rehearsal

modey

In my quest to become a legitimate chiptune musician, I acquired a copy of nanoloop and a gameboy micro a month ago. I'm playing a gig next week and decided to do it entirely from nanoloop (maybe with a kaoss pad as well to help with transitions). Here's an early rehearsal I did for it:

http://pselodux.com/audio/nanjoma.mp3

This is the pure output from the GBA, just with a bit of compression and a *slight* bass boost. Some of the sound design possibilities are really nice, as you can hear it starts off as a bit of a SND ripoff but eventually moves on. The eventual plan is to get an original DMG-01 with LSDJ and sync it with the GBA, using nanoloop for drums and LSDJ for melodic content. Baby steps though :emotawesomepm9:

oh ha. weird. i always expect nanoloop 1. 2 never sounded very chiptuney to me (outside of the lofi noise perc). this sounds groovy tho. lsdj should def add some extra chip. i've noticed on twitter that oliver's been printing new nanoloop cards and almost immediately selling out of them again. good for him! i've got an original 1.2 cart around here somewhere but all my stuff got lost when the battery died. apparently the new carts negate that which is cool

Ah thanks! Yeah this was from the latest GBA version, 2.7. I'm fine with it not sounding very chippy; in fact when I get LSDJ I'm going to go to great lengths to make it sound less chippy, haha. I play gigs in the chiptune scene so there is no shortage of people making really blippy/typical* stuff in LSDJ.

* still good though!

Archived