IGNORED

Savant Acid

Brisbot

So these are "two" tracks made with the same materials.

I made Savant Acid A first, then decided to recycle everything to make B. There's not much added, though plenty mangled.

To me it's one track with two parts. Kind of like how Mr. Richard did the Circlont tracks. (kinda) I've made a little playlist with them. I hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/savant-acid

https://soundcloud.com/evoava/savant-acid-side-b

First track is a slow burner but the 2nd half of the track is wicked. Whatever is coming through in the background (strings?) is pretty 'lush'

Feel like a fucked up breakbeat would work well with the first 30 seconds of the 2nd track. Haha, the music after this has surprised me, really funky/cool! I think you've done too good a job mangling the original though as I can't really see a link between the two. Two of the best tunes I've heard on here for a while, nice one.

I dig both of these. I don't listen to much acid or else I may have some opinions besides that, but once I shook myself out of the musical vibe I was in, these were great!

First track is a slow burner but the 2nd half of the track is wicked. Whatever is coming through in the background (strings?) is pretty 'lush'

Feel like a fucked up breakbeat would work well with the first 30 seconds of the 2nd track. Haha, the music after this has surprised me, really funky/cool! I think you've done too good a job mangling the original though as I can't really see a link between the two. Two of the best tunes I've heard on here for a while, nice one.

That's a huge compliment man, thanks! Though I'd like to know what part you're talking about, with the strings. I do have some mangled strings, but I used a phase filter to make them sound like something else.

You're right. I'm not quite done with these tracks, an insane breakbeat might make sense with that synth, though the purpose of those 20 seconds or whatever was to take up the whole frequency spectrum with just the synth. It's a really neat sound that's toned WAY down when mixed in with the song. The acid line that comes up later is the same synth, just mixed in with the track.

I used many of the same drum samples, and the exact same synth, which is why I call them related. They're literally apart of the same project. It's about 7 minutes long, with an additional 5 minutes of audio that didn't make the cut.

I dig both of these. I don't listen to much acid or else I may have some opinions besides that, but once I shook myself out of the musical vibe I was in, these were great!

musical vibe?

Archived