IGNORED

"invocation", bonus tch ep music video

playbynumbers

Guest BunnyRabbit
Where did you see this? I had a look at the Japanese Amazon/HMV sites and didn't see any mention of bonus tracks.

Yeah, just mentions a ltd edition with a paper sleeve.

Must be B.S. Tuesday, <checks calender> yep B.S. all day apparently.

The description on the Japanese Tower Records site includes this line (translated by Google), no idea what it means :-

"Furthermore as a benefit only of the Japanese board enhanced recording the tape collage special image due to Hexagon Sun! "

Guest Moebius
The description on the Japanese Tower Records site includes this line (translated by Google), no idea what it means :-

"Furthermore as a benefit only of the Japanese board enhanced recording the tape collage special image due to Hexagon Sun! "

Also says limited to 3000 copies.

Tower Records Japan listing

Guest Archrival

more info! but its sounds like its like some sort of picture collage...not a legit video.

Guest Moebius

From Cisco Records:

しかも日本盤のみのボーナス特典(エンハンスト仕様CD)付き!
Furthermore bonus benefit only of the Japanese board (enhanced specification CD) attachment!

I don't mean to be rude and accuse somebody of doing something sneaky, but that sounds suspiciously like either:

a) a DVD of the 666 trailer off the WARP website;

B) the Dayvan Cowboy DVD, which to my knowledge, only comes packaged with the EP if ordered from WARP - this guy is selling as something ambigious in order to make a profit off of a general release CD. Documentary footage is stretching it a bit if that's the case.

Guest Archrival

this is very interesting indeed!

"ALSO INCLUDED FREE IN THIS SALE IS A LIMITED EDITION DVD WHICH INCLUDES RARE DOCUMENTARY FOOTAGE OF THE BAND - THIS DVD IS NOT ON GENERAL RELEASE" :excl:

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom

I don't mean to be rude and accuse somebody of doing something sneaky, but that sounds suspiciously like either:

B) the Dayvan Cowboy DVD, which to my knowledge, only comes packaged with the EP if ordered from WARP - this guy is selling as something ambigious in order to make a profit off of a general release CD. Documentary footage is stretching it a bit if that's the case.

It's just the DVD. Someone e-mailed him and he said he knew nothing about the band, so he thought the video was a documentary. Case closed.

HMV.co.jp lists both a regular edition and limited edition - the only difference I can see is the paper sleeve on the LTD edition - which is odd, since doesn't the regular version come in a card sleeve as well?

Guest Archrival

that would suck! I mean how could the trailer or the dayvan cowboy video be "RARE DOCUMENTARY FOOTAGE OF THE BAND" THIS DVD IS NOT ON THE GENERAL RELEASE...but it could be a scam...who knows..I hope its a bonus tho..but its seems likely I mean look at the japanese sites...

Don't be a tease, pbn, at least tell us where you caught whiff of this.

oh i wasn't trying to be like that ... i thought that various people had already posted links. i first saw it on discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/release/691793

then i remember having heard something about this, a couple months ago, an extra for the japanese release ...

Guest Moebius
It's just the DVD. Someone e-mailed him and he said he knew nothing about the band, so he thought the video was a documentary. Case closed.

Ah. Interesting, though, since it was assumed only Warp orders included that.

Hi

I get the goods tomorrow - the only detail I can give you is what my supplier notes say.-

The first ever Boards Of Canada video. Using reassembled documentary footage, the video translates the power & atmosphere of the music into a dreamlike, imaginary journey from space, into the sea and to the shore, in one continuous sequence. The LP version comes on deluxe white vinyl. As a very special exclusive to independent retailers for their ongoing Boards Of Canada support, Warp Records will be giving away a copy of this beautiful DVD for every CD or vinyl pre-ordered.

As you can see it is from the record company

Hope this helps

Kev

also i just noticed that the discogs catalog number has "LTD," so this might be the limited release that joyrex found, on the japanese website ... also the length is given as 1:38, i think this is a bit longer than the 666 promo? how long was that again, exactly?

Guest Moebius
also i just noticed that the discogs catalog number has "LTD," so this might be the limited release that joyrex found, on the japanese website ... also the length is given as 1:38, i think this is a bit longer than the 666 promo? how long was that again, exactly?

Oh, you dash my hopes. The 666 promo is 1:38.

LOL - I think it's supposed to be called "Invocation" (like invoking the Devil, or somesuch - Invacation just is too co-incidental to be right.

Archived