IGNORED

this

Guest skibby

Heh, nice. I like your voice more than the original. I actually like this more than the original. Quite good. Better mixing and choice of snare. Also less gated reverb :)

Guest skibby

not a singer obviously, but since it gives me the cringe i had to overcome that bit of fear and post it. Reverse engineering pop songs is weird, does something to the song, i never hear it the same way again so its kind of a sacrifice. Sort of a waste of time, sort of an academic exercise, not always sure where the needle points.

I thought its the best dance nuwave post disco/punk (lyrical) song ever so i wanted to go inside it for a few DAW sessions. I'm not nostalgic for the era, but for some reason the lyric 'everybody look at your hands' got in my head, because of Carlos Castaneda (lucid dreaming technique), and 'leave the real world far behind' , begging Morpheus' query: 'what is real?' (Morpheus being Neo's Don Juan Matus.) I think the looking at the hands comes directly from Castaneda, so I don't think this song would exist without him. That lyric has power that im sure weighed in when the Demo was making its way down the conveyor belt to greatness. Also the video has all the conspiracy theorist hallmarks of an Illumnati message. Fun stuff. The man who introduced Castaneda's work to me was a Freemason, just sayin.

This men without hats one hit wonder song really honestly seemed to 'try' as it were to tend the light at the end of some tunnel in a way that agrees with punk and left wing sentiments. It seems to earnestly politically mean well. Maybe Devo would have written this song if M.W.H. didn't, except with some more Bob Dobbs in.

Archived