IGNORED

Techno track "Gassho-dan"

zoix

Hey guys,

[sc5]213499021[/sc5]

Been working on this techno track. I find track titles hard and since there is a japanese child choir in the track I just google translated "choir" which is "Gassho-dan" in japanese apparently. What do you think? My biggest concern is if the kick is loud enough and has enough bass to carry the tune without a bassline. Do you think I need another kick and/or add a bassline?

The track is not mastered so be aware that the volume might not be as loud as it can be. All feedback is appreciated!

/zoix

A bassline could be nice, but there's plenty of other stuff going on. I like the bells and windy pads. The choir could use some fx/modulation/sidechaining IMO.

Yeah that's what I thought as well. Hmm modulation.... There's reverb already, I might try to play with sidechaining, or maybe some EQ. Thanks for the feedback!

Everything about this is very straightforward, linear, and somewhat flat and dull, due to over repetitiveness and lack of musical progression. Maybe the "tribal drum" things, how it mostly goes *dun... dun... gaga (repeat)*, could be changed up pattern-wise, at it does somewhere around 4 and a half minutes. It is the most standout rhythmic bit and changing it could help. Linear and highly repetitive parts can be made to groove forward if there is overlapping groove, but if everything is straight and highly looped, the result is somewhat boring.

Everything about this is very straightforward, linear, and somewhat flat and dull, due to over repetitiveness and lack of musical progression. Maybe the "tribal drum" things, how it mostly goes *dun... dun... gaga (repeat)*, could be changed up pattern-wise, at it does somewhere around 4 and a half minutes. It is the most standout rhythmic bit and changing it could help. Linear and highly repetitive parts can be made to groove forward if there is overlapping groove, but if everything is straight and highly looped, the result is somewhat boring.

Thanks for the feedback! Might look into the bongo and conga.

Archived