IGNORED

Cool sounds

Guest D1Beard

Guest D1Beard

What are some cool and interesting sounds from out in the world and/or your studios. I'm talking cricket chirps slowed down 1000x, shuttles leaving the earth, the sound of rope swinging quickly through the air, hearing your own voice, whale noises, trains running track, tibetan bells, sitar noises, trees rustling, waters gurgling and whatever else.

It's cool to think about how sound is simple air/matter vibration, and yet how diverse a world of music we have around us. The purest sound I've found is a small wire swinging quickly through the air in circles. It's the subtlest way I know of to make noises - as if out of thin air. But then I think voices are very cool too. The air around my throat ripples with its powerful organic grunts. Yes that is all.

I'm very fond of the parts of old recordings I've made with the inbuilt mic in my laptop that are between the sounds I was attempting to record. The dead air and whirrings and chitterings of the computer's guts.

Archived