IGNORED

Real good SNES soundtracks?? (for the c700 vst)

Brisbot

Oh, it's just that whenever I tell some people about chiptunes they think it's all about just making bleepy videogame music that is at happy hardcore tempo with arpeggios all over the place.. there's so much more to the chip scene than that!

And yeah, it'd be great to see some new retro style consoles with decent, real sound chips that aren't just emulations. There are some interesting chiptune related bits of hardware around though, like this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1304489933/opa-multitimbral-fm-synthesizer-shield-for-arduino

So I think I can see the scene shifting more towards cool custom sound chips, or using cheap stock chips to make interesting sounds.. anyway I'm going off topic a little here. Perhaps we should have a general ekt chiptunes thread..?

A chiptune thread sounds like a solid idea, but at the moment I have an ulterior motive asking specifically for SNES soundtracks. I'll make one soonish, or you can make one, but try to wait a few days/ a week ^^

Also, the shield has some solid bass, damn.

Archived