IGNORED

The Caretakers House

flacid

I love that detune on Cherryknocker. I thought the bassline could have been brought up a bit, but other than that, some excellent moody vibes there.

The Caretakers House is incredibly creepy.

Love the wonky little chords that come in about a minute in to oh acid!, thought those could have been brought up a bit. Also maybe some compression on the 303? It sounds great, but about halfway through I had to turn down the volume to fit with the intro  :emb:

I love that detune on Cherryknocker. I thought the bassline could have been brought up a bit, but other than that, some excellent moody vibes there.

Love the wonky little chords that come in about a minute in to oh acid!, thought those could have been brought up a bit. Also maybe some compression on the 303? It sounds great, but about halfway through I had to turn down the volume to fit with the intro  :emb:

Cheers for the feedback dude. I struggle a bit with getting volumes/mixes right (although I think the bass in Cherryknocker is alright). I wasn't sure whether 'The Caretakers House' was too loud with the lead synth and there are errors in the track but I'm happy with it as an experiment.

Was messing around with melodic percussion with the acid track, definitely gives an added element to a track although this one sounds like a load of bubbles :) My recordings are all live so I think I got a bit carried away with the 303... I've just been attempting to re-record a track today for the 4th time because my audio recorder is fucked. Hopefully next time it'll work. 

Cheers for the feedback dude. I struggle a bit with getting volumes/mixes right (although I think the bass in Cherryknocker is alright). I wasn't sure whether 'The Caretakers House' was too loud with the lead synth and there are errors in the track but I'm happy with it as an experiment.

Was messing around with melodic percussion with the acid track, definitely gives an added element to a track although this one sounds like a load of bubbles :) My recordings are all live so I think I got a bit carried away with the 303... I've just been attempting to re-record a track today for the 4th time because my audio recorder is fucked. Hopefully next time it'll work. 

It is really easy to get carried away with the 303. See: everything I'm going to post when I'm done with finals week, lol. 

Re: bass, might just be my monitors then. GF is out of town so I'm not using my cans today, and my placement might be off a bit because I never get to use my near-fields. 

Hope your re-recording goes well, looking forward to hearing it!

whoops just saw this. fucking awesome. everything sounds so crisp! looking forward to bumping it on my monitors, just listening on cans rn

:emb: Thanks man. I want to work on longer compositions, less repetition so hopefully the music will sound good but also be more musically interesting. 

I like it. The synth reminds me a bit of Acroyear2. Working on the computer is a sometimes necessary bitch aint it

Ta! I just don't like having to turn it on to record and getting it involved. Totally irrational but it pisses me off :) 

Couple of other tracks from today that I'll add in this thread - Been messing around with polyrhythms. 

https://soundcloud.com/606303/institution

https://soundcloud.com/606303/stalker

Archived