IGNORED

densityproblems

Cryptowen

http://world3.tk/trx/171.zip

howeday y'all

sorry i don't post here much any more. my computer was destroyed by a salt lamp a few months back & it took me a while to be able to afford a new one. if anyone lives in mtl & wants to jam plz be in touch <3 or help me get a record deal so i can start buying food again

also i dunno what this sounds like on anything other than headphones so plz listen that way your first time if u wanna. thx for stoppin by god bless

GVAtfPJ.jpg

Super glad to see new stuff from you! Hope you're well, sounded like things were going a little better last time I talked to you. I'll pop back into the thread after I've gotten a chance to listen to this.

Super glad to see new stuff from you! Hope you're well, sounded like things were going a letter better last time I talked to you. I'll pop back into the thread after I've gotten a chance to listen to this.

thank you!

financial situation is pretty up in the air at the moment but other than that feeling pretty stable. finally got my technology back...gotta keep making the trax flow while the opportunity's there

listening now. I like the year without a summer and the tracks after that, seems like it starts doing something new/different around there. density problems the track sounds like soundtrack to a really good menu

is your stuff on youtube? I'm uploading all my albums to youtube cause I think it might get more exposure that way, and yours is just on a personal website as far as I know, I dunno, don't you think pay what you want on Bandcamp would be a better option or something?

is your stuff on youtube? I'm uploading all my albums to youtube cause I think it might get more exposure that way, and yours is just on a personal website as far as I know, I dunno, don't you think pay what you want on Bandcamp would be a better option or something?

ppl have uploaded some of my stuff to youtube i think, but haven't myself...keep meaning to film proper music videos at some point, i have ideas for lots of my trax!

my roommates were saying today that i should get bandcamp. was thinking either that or maybe start making my own tapes & mailing them out to people. i feel like my music would sound good on tape...also aware that i'm definitely a bit self-consious about selling my music, because as long as i'm just giving it away it's easy to tell myself i'm doing something meaningful with my life. huge fear that i'll try to sell it & no one pays for it & my brain will be like "ah see this is how much the world really values your inner experience, now you know"

dang i'm in a weird state of mind these days :/

my roommates were saying today that i should get bandcamp. was thinking either that or maybe start making my own tapes & mailing them out to people. i feel like my music would sound good on tape...also aware that i'm definitely a bit self-consious about selling my music, because as long as i'm just giving it away it's easy to tell myself i'm doing something meaningful with my life. huge fear that i'll try to sell it & no one pays for it & my brain will be like "ah see this is how much the world really values your inner experience, now you know"

dang i'm in a weird state of mind these days :/

I get that feeling. I am self publishing an album and I am feeling weird about it. I fear I wont get much of a reception, and I feel silly going through all this to put out my own music, like it's some vanity project. But I'm proud to have something physical to give to folks, I do feel like that adds some value to it.

BTW I would absolutely buy a tape. I heard about an artist that makes tapes with a jumble of different weirdo unreleased tracks on each tape, as a unique piece, and sells them for $50-ish to fans. I think it's a brilliant idea, might consider doing something like that, but charging like 20-25. Even just unique art on the tape makes it one of a kind, and more valueable to folks.

Also this album is good, like it a bit more than welcome to the collapse. It has evolved.

listening now. I like the year without a summer and the tracks after that, seems like it starts doing something new/different around there. density problems the track sounds like soundtrack to a really good menu

thanks for your thoughts! yeah tbh this album feels like more of a reflective//middle of the road situation to me. like half the trax were made in the spring//early summer & those ones are more conspiciously revisiting old emotional themes with updated production style (MS-10 filter on every trak!). like i'd even go as far to say that trx two, three, and four are essentially remakes of trx one, two, and four off of 88888888888888888888888888888, and year without a summer is kind of a homage to the style i was playing around with back in 2013-14. other stuff like trx 6 & 7 are much more recent & reflective of where i'm at now. it actually felt quite freeing going into the production of this one knowing that it was more of a small step than an attempt at jumping into something new like my last several were

@ganus yo just wanted to thank you for continuing to follow my stuff for the last several years. there's definitely been moments of doubt where the only thing keeping me going were thoughts like "well you know what, some ppl really get it!" and you've for sure felt like one of those people.

I really like your idea about doing random unique mix tapes (although it also makes me kick myself thinking of the literal thousands of songs i've recorded over the years & deleted that could have been a goldmine for something like this). most of my albums would fit on a single side of a tape, maybe the back could be a mixtape? with hand-drawn art & all that, with each one included a little catalog fold out like the r stevie moore cassette club

Archived