IGNORED

Dance Music

Lane Visitor

of any / all varieties... That you like, discovered, vibe to, dislike, wonder if other people like, produced yourself, whatever... Go!

(Thread coming from a house junkie who shamelessly loves all dance genres (well ok except abrasive edm-era dubstep), from the bunkers of the underground to the top of the charts. If its a good tune and a good groove, its good in my book))

civil agreement handshake this end,

Ralphi Rosario has put out some mint gear over the years, a discography well worth digging further into, v similar to Victor Simonelli who is worth a rummage around too

Jesse McFall - Thought You Ought to Know

Mark E has stayed just this side of cheese with disco's revival over the last 15yrs

King Errisson - Space Queen

ok an oldey but a swing fest goodey, proto-House

Patti Jo retweaked via Tom Moulton

Paqua did some mint groovers, the better end of nu-disco

my favourite Steely Dan number

Eddie Russ - Zaius

last but def not least

and definitely re: ralphi, love his work. im a fan of a lot of the hot mix 5 stuff, actually buddies with mickey oliver who moved out here to phx a while back, but now he seems to have moved back to chicago. we had some collabs in the works and planned to do some various projects together, but had been delayed, though i helped co-produce a track with him that ended up on a record pool as promo, though never officially released.  fun times it was for sure. he's a great guy. i still have a thing he sent me that i need to get going on but just looking for the right vocalist. 

this is one of his strongest imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K49Wwx1OGeQ

tune - is he any relation to Mondee Oliver? did a bunch of early House with Larry Heard & Knuckles, prob just coincidence but v similar grooves

nice early classics man, really digging that eddie russ. 

aye its a fkn beaut, tricky to mix with live drumming so 2 copies allow all kinds of fun, 

i'm shit with names, but record sleeves operate on a different memory recall system

Smokey Robinson covered by the good ol'd Grateful Dead, Lesh's bass weaves in & out of the lead

Maurice Fulton alias

the intro & drop on this are savage:

our dog chewed into my original copy of this, lil fkr

last but not least, bit like the Eddie Russ groove but pitched up quite a bit

tune - is he any relation to Mondee Oliver? did a bunch of early House with Larry Heard & Knuckles, prob just coincidence but v similar grooves

not familiar with the name, but could be - though he never mentioned it... interesting, will have to check that out!

a wee ode to Holger Czukay, Canaxis is my favourite for its utter otherworldly tones, but the bloke could get in the groove zone

Cory Daye from Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band

Arthur Russell has to be in here, where do you even begin, light years ahead of his time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfPcF-sBOD0

Archived