IGNORED

Interesting things

may be rude

How “Fight Club” Created a Generation of Sh*tposters

the episode is from Crooked Media's podcast series called Offline, which explores the impact of the modern info space on society, journalism, politics, psychology, culture, activism, etc

cool episode that captures some profound stuff at the crossroads of culture, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and evolution

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, may be rude said:

How “Fight Club” Created a Generation of Sh*tposters

the episode is from Crooked Media's podcast series called Offline, which explores the impact of the modern info space on society, journalism, politics, psychology, culture, activism, etc

cool episode that captures some profound stuff at the crossroads of culture, sociology, psychology, philosophy, and evolution

some interesting bits in this conversation. it's interesting everyone's take aways from things in hindsight. having seen it in the theater w/my GF twice when it came out our take aways were very different but such is reality in the moment. making a podcast about a movie is a direct invitation to have thoughts about it even if there weren't thoughts initially. 

the gen-x and generational chatter i find a little off-putting because it's such generalizations but that's how that goes in this format anyways.. but still an interesting listen. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

lols.. jfc.. had no idea there's a wikipedia for tinfoil hat nutters called wikispooks

https://www.wikispooks.com/wiki/Main_Page

a friend i hadn't seen in several years was in town and we had one of those wide ranging conversations and goofed off some about fringe things and he dropped this youtube on me yesterday which is a wild ride from the las vegas shooter to israel stealing nuclear fuel from USA to build nukes, to kennedy to blackrock etc.. 

edit: gets pretty off the rails at times in my estimation.  is kinda like "i just found the weird bookstore in the town i'm visiting and it has "anarchist's cookbook" on the shelf" type vibe if you were 15 yrs old and the internet didn't exist. 

some of the comments are gold

"Yeah bro these rabbit holes are nuts"... takes sip of Liquid Death

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1