IGNORED

Some of my tunes and videos

Guest lullezucht

Vlek - really nice.....I like the atmosphere in this track.....quite lovely

Laag en mechanisch - this track evokes desperation/sadness.....the samples of the crowd of people is quite cool and adds a nice layer to the track.....this is really beautiful

Lamechtig - another wonderful track.....the beats are great.....the atmosphere is so nice, I would have let it build up for a bit before introducing the beats.....I wish this track was downloadable(as well as your others.....they are definite keepers)

Bpphase remix - really nice.....good work

great tracks!.....I hope you post more on here soon(any chance you can make them downloadable?).....I will check out the video later

impressive man... our minds work a like. i have similar drawing all over my school work. you are going to get big.

bbphase is STUNNING, once those 'krassende' violins creeped up and everything got slightly twisted and distorted, i knew i was listening to good stuff!

vlek starts off promising with those haunting, broken drones. more obvious rhythms come onto the foreground while the drones disintegrate and slowly drive the percussion back into the shadows, but it feels like they disintegrate fade out too quickly, like they had more to tell..

laag en mechanisch is very detached, like standing on a busy square full of people in the middle of town, and suddenly having this kind of alienation coming over you , realizing that you, and the people around you, are all insignificant pawns in a very, very large game - lovely production as far as i can judge with the myspace compression (ugh, myspace). top notch track, extremely thick, deep and psychedelic.

lamechtig sounds very muffled and melancholic, reminds me of boards of canada's aural esthetics, like playing a beautiful long lost tape in a semi-broken cassette deck, subtle music but very refined; it got pretty intricate near the end when the melody and rhythm advance - suddenly they grow quiet and a lush reversed-style outtro ends the track.

the first video, the gray one with the sine-tones and the manfly planting the egg/seed, was downright nightmare material. it doesn't get much sicker and darker than that; absolutely fascinating stuff, visually it reminded me of david lynch's Eraserhead (the colours, the mood) and the ethereal music sounded like biosphere's Autour De La Lune. twisted, twisted stuff. what kind of seed/egg does the manfly plant? what grows out of it.. why does it consume its host, the big guy, and why does it have colour in that black&white world..?!?!

the second video, with music by Modules: non-stop goosebumps, this is BY FAR the best thing i've ever discovered in this forum, it felt like i was having a fever dream after dropping a huge dose of acid, so organic and flowing, this video actually moved me like few things do, absolutely mesmerizing..

i've seen the third video, the sink snow angel one, loads of times before - i had no idea that you were behind that one. its a very intense video that leaves me feeling kinda detached and disturbed after seeing it; i dont really know why....

some strange shit going on in the fourth and last video, its like the cast from the silent hill 3 game got together and threw a party while spiking the drinks, their movements are sudden and spastic or fluid and flowing, their forms morph from humanoid to clay-like and beyond, some advanced shapeshifting going over there, fascinating and strangly hypnotic..

do you ever do any live shows/gigs? i imagine that a video/audio-set with such material must be extremely impressive... may i ask how you create your music and video? ..and... do you have any more music and video? :grin:

Guest Basi Goreng

Wow, thanks.

Iep, I'd like to play live, but haven't really put much effort in creating a live setup.

Ideally I'd like to do something audiovisual as well. Will work on that the coming months.

Basis of my music is voice, guitar, audition and the occasional soft synth.

Guest Basi Goreng

I uploaded a new track.

A remix I did for this dutch band called Silence is Sexy.

I only used the guitars, bass, hammond and voice for this track.

Slowly building up of drones and a very noisy finale.

lush and and intense, that geluidelozegemeenschap was very nice..

..all those ethereal noises, shapes, clouds of harmony and colors made with just a guitar, bass, hammond (heh:)) and mic..? you must have one bad-assed sound processing and lsd infusing apparatus where you feed those instruments into - and out of.. one thing though - do you have any of your tracks available WITHOUT that dreaded low-quality mp3 encoding?

Lag en mechanishch is fucking beautiful man. typical ambient but the way it's so up front and invasive of my brain. it's like sitting in the middle of a whole lot of soundwaves passing various dimensions. amazing work. very hypnotic. kudos!

The rest of your tracks ar ereally good but that one in particular shines through to an ambient geek like myself. :yeah:

Guest Basi Goreng

Thanks Derelic7!

do you have any of your tracks available WITHOUT that dreaded low-quality mp3 encoding?

Check your pm!

Guest Promo

Re 'Laag en Mechanisch' - this sort of extremely bleak isolationist ambient 'music' I think I'd really struggle to make. I think what you're doing is pretty solid but in itself its hard to dinstiguish from similar isolationist ambient music. That said I do like it but at this extreme one ambient track is really hard to distinguish from another. I think its perfect background sound for visuals/film/art. Reminds me a lot of some Aphex's really atonal just noise ambient pieces and some Locust. I used to really dig the fuck out of stuff just like this. You wouldn't know it but the more abstract the music the better the experience. I do still like extremely abstract tracks but I think its more a late night pre bedtime need.

The last track reminds me of Flying Saucer Attack. I just really prefer this one to the first. For some reason it just hit the spot. And its sucking me in right now into a very calm state. Good pre bedtime sound indeed.

Guest yan_g

impressive videos. love the wired body in the venetian snares one. very ince work with the dancing bodies but the one that impressed me most was the drawn one and the way the big face morphs into sortof an very old face ravaged by time in a few secs, really good. if you wanna make a vid for one of my tracks of course, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HESITATING ;)

the tracks didn't work (long live myspace)

Guest OldSteelOak

everything that i saw and heard on your site was really nice and has brilliant atmosphere.great stuff

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to work on an animation in the style of the fly vid, but with a lot more handdrawn animating.

Don't know yet what I'm going to do with the music for that one.

Myspace isn't the best platform for this kind of music, here's a track with a less crappy compression

good track, it sounds hot and humid, with lots of pressure (beklemmend), its slightly disturbing too with its unsettling harmonies. nice one.

and if you need someone to do the music score for the animation vid, you know what you gotta do then, eh.. (whaddayamean, you dont know? you gotta send me a pm ofcourse!!:)))

Archived