IGNORED

Brian Eno Interview 1981

fumi

"Being a major fan of Eno's recorded work as of spring 1981, I got wind that he was going to be doing a radio interview with host Lynn Samuels on WBAI, an NYC independent radio station. I managed to get the whole thing (with minor gap for reel change near the end) onto 7-1⁄2 ips IPS reel to reel tapes (!). I haven't re-listened to them in decades. I have to pull my old Revox out of the closet, bake the tapes, and transfer them to digital ... I'm pretty sure I have the only existing copy of this interview. Now you have it too, digitized and cleaned up. It's a snapshot of where Eno was at around the time after Remain In Light and My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts. Later in the program he indicates he had started work on what would eventually be released as On Land. Note: At an hour and 38 minutes in, there is a short gap. It was at this point that the tape ran out and I had to switch to another reel. At the end of the interview, Lynn Samuels played a record that had just arrived at the station, she opened it up for the first time and played it. Laurie Anderson's 7" single on 110 Records, Walk The Dog / Oh Superman. This may have been the first time it was played on any radio station."

Addeddate 2020-01-01 06:32:35
Identifier eno-samuels-wbai-19810508
Run time Two hours, 22 minutes, 16 seconds
Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Taped by Thomas O'Neill
Year 1981

https://archive.org/details/eno-samuels-wbai-19810508

Archived