IGNORED

Connecting Roland jv1080 to laptop midi keyoard

Polytrix

So I've got an akai MPk mini which is only use IN to the laptop. Am I right in thinking I need to go midi cable out of my interface and then in to the synth? Stereo in and out midi cable?

What's your interface? It probably has MIDI in and MIDI out. Connect the out of your interface to the in of the JV1080 and you should be good to go.

If you want to hook up an editor/librarian from the computer, you also need to connect another cable from the MIDI out of the JV1080 to the MIDI in of your interface.

You should probably check out the JV1080 manual, it should have some well detailed instructions on how to set things up.

Thanks as I thought. I only have one midi cable though so I'm assuming that won't give me stereo? Like I need two out to two midi in on the Jv?

And the Manual didn't come with 

23 minutes ago, Polytrix said:

Thanks as I thought. I only have one midi cable though so I'm assuming that won't give me stereo? Like I need two out to two midi in on the Jv?

And the Manual didn't come with 

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=roland+jv+1080+manual+pdf

(Because come on! manuals are available for free on the manufacturer's website for most things - you should just google!)

And MIDI is not transmitting sound, it is only for sending basic note data like what pitch to play and how loud (and also what the filter cutoff should be).

And of course in order to hear the JV1080 sound you also need to connect an audio cable to the JV1080 and your interface.

Archived