IGNORED

first synth, first track

Unakk

New to the forum, relatively new to the makings of music, and recently got my first synth (ms20mini) which I used to make this track.
I'm a semi old unschooled dirtbag that sad fuck it and started playing with sound, so please don't shout at my audio quality :)
Word of advice are most welcome though..Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/unakk/ms21w

Not bad. I like the detuned lo-fi horn sounding thing and the overall erratic compiling of different sounds. Mixing could be a little bit better but not awful. It's kind of like if you were the guy that got kicked out of zoviet france because you wanted to use a drum machine and didn't like ethno music. 

Seems like the bass is a bit hidden behind everything so maybe just adjusting the levels on everything to bring the higher elements down and the lower elements up. 

Keep it up though!

i agree with the above - nice sounds and progression throughout the track. lots of cool bits, mainly the detuned stuff near the beginning and the weird lead line from 2:43ish onwards. the hats need variation, particularly towards the end. mixwise the track is a bit brittle of needs more space. this would be a killer track with some better mixing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i didn't feel like Tr21 progressed anywhere, but it was different from what i normally hear on YLC so it held my attention more.I like the drum stuff you have, it's hard for me to put together interesting drum patterns, so i respect that. I listened to Sonsk a bit as well, and mostly the same thoughts, i'm too tired to give any sort of proper feedback.

This is dope stuff. I agree with the sentiment that your drum stuff is really interesting and well done, I wish I could get mine half as good as yours. You seem to be producing some really nice tones from the MS-20 too. I haven't had coffee yet so I might come back with more constructive analysis but I like what you're doing. 

Archived