IGNORED

Family Values Fx

sneaksta303

New Chune. Haven't posted in quite a while here... sorry for not giving more input guys and gals but i'm back! Tear up mine, I'll tear up yours. It'll be fun :braindance:

No way to describe it except Braindance I guess... So sue me... As always, constructive critisize me! Also, I chopped up the old school loops in the Chopper in Acid 3.0, the drums and everything else in reason, then Cool Edit Pro for the final master (if you can call it that...)

PS! Listen to it all the way through for MAX effect.

Yeah! This is really great, as it's not just drum-wankery, and it didn't bore me. It could have been a nice piano track, but the drus add a drive the melody lacks.

Guest tht! tne

i really like this. it reminds me of drukqs.

the only thing i would change is that a lot

of the sounds recall presets. i also dont

like synthesized piano all that much; idve

used a fender rhodes or harpsichord. you

did really good to not be too repetitive too.

it has very strong and compelling melody.

Guest Promo

Mmm quite nice piano. I could probably have just settled down and listened to a whole track of piano. Yes and your beats are certainly pretty wack. Mmm more impressive than your earlier stuff.

One of the problems I have with this is that the piano initially came across as a little detached from the beats. However on 2nd listen it made more sense. As the track progressed, you should have added some chords because that would have underpinned the whole thing and given it more emotional juice.

Overall my main gripe, as nice as it was, was that musically it just didn't blow me away and leave a strong enough impression. 6.5/10

Guest horse
As the track progressed, you should have added some chords because that would have underpinned the whole thing and given it more emotional juice.

reminded me of some of aphexs more frantic beatwork, some tight venetiansnares drum edits too.

definately think it need some pads or something underneath everything else towards the 2nd half of the tune just so give it somepower to carry it thru, like promo said "emotional juice"

like it a lot tho, big fan of intricate drumwork

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

yes, i liked it, the drums are very nice, especially the slow leadin at the beginning.

agree with peoples drukqs + vsnares comments. it was aphex until the chopped breakbeat came in, then it was vsnares.

a minor mix gripe - make the melody a little louder! not too much though

EVERYONE! Thank you! This is the best critiszm I've gotten. Usually it's just random smart ass bullshit that doesn't help me at all. I wasn't going for a v-snares nor aphex sound (BUT! I think the chopped loops sound more like []pusher more than anyone, especially since its not random and in 4/4, but...). I was told by the peeps that have heard all 40-50 of my songs and they are NOT BIASED, they tell me when shit sucks, but i was told that this sounds like me. Thats it. Me. I'm not discounting your opinions, considering afx is prob my fave (v-snares = 6/10) BUT it was not a conscious effort. Keep the insults flying people! I need more! I wanna get better! Mastering probs? Mixing? Let a African American know... :beer:

i really like this track!! its very []pusher-ish, and you have tweaked the beats and grooves very good!! since im just listening on my imac it would not be very EZ to comment on the mastering, but the mix sounds great, every little item that needs to be heard, is there and no frequencies are annoying and so.. sounds overall GREAT!! :)

sorry for my badass language.. im tired and from sweden.. :lol:

i really like this. it reminds me of drukqs.

the only thing i would change is that a lot

of the sounds recall presets. i also dont

like synthesized piano all that much; idve

used a fender rhodes or harpsichord. you

did really good to not be too repetitive too.

it has very strong and compelling melody.

"the only thing i would change is that a lot

of the sounds recall presets"

Whats that mean?

"i also dont like synthesized piano all that much"

Hmmm... It was real... i wonder if the verb made it fakey sounding.... hmmm... Thanks though for the comments people. It helps me grow. Hit me up anytime if ya want some input. I try to listen and comment to more peoples songs but SHIT! I have no time anymore!

great track. it had a bit of everything in it. the melody needs to be more involved and take a stand. It just doesnt seem right that its behind everything.

• 4 months later...
Guest Kenneth172

You can hear the Venetian Snares/Squarepusher/Druqks/Tuss influences in there, but that doesn't matter. It's a good effort with some variation in there. Well produced. Nice. OH, and the piano bit at the end is the best bit.

Archived