IGNORED

sum trax

th555

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might as well give some infos. Teloscope is based on a Thelonious Monk sample on PO-33 through the trigger hold delay from zoom multistomp, to a gentle beat. I'm trying sometimes to get a bit of a minimal/soft techno sound lately and this is part of that. 0m13ds6x leans heavily on a Rahsaan Roland Kirk sample (this one) to a slowed-down funk beat; that's basically all it is tbh, go listen to the original 🙂. Gumbo-33 is my fav break chopped and sequenced on the PO-33, not something I do often but I got that little machine recently and it's very good for that.

Up next is another soft techno-ish track, synth loop throughout is from a nord modular + neutron bbd delay patch, with cv from the nord controlling delay time. Idea of patching the nm with an external delay inspired by the mono-log project. Came out a bit dubby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having a nostalgic time as I set up my MFB Nanozwerg which was my first synth way back, together with the lil sq-1 to sequence it.

Patched an envelope follower on the Neutron that works surprisingly well and has a nice failure mode. Turning kicks/toms into acid:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2024 at 10:29 AM, th555 said:

Here's one that's a bit more polished. IDM in the traditional style.

2 hours ago, th555 said:

these are nice

• Like 1

This track is beautiful. The melody reminds me of Theme From Ernest Borgnine a little bit. 

What are you using for the visuals?

On 5/27/2024 at 8:58 PM, Alzado said:

This track is beautiful. The melody reminds me of Theme From Ernest Borgnine a little bit. 

What are you using for the visuals?

Thank you! 🙂 Visuals are CPPNs, which are small neural networks with special activation functions to get periodic patterns (sin, abs, guassian etc..). You can also just see it as a bunch of sine modules feeding into each other, basically. For that I use the python-neat module, + some numpy/scipy stuff for analyzing the audio etc.. and raylib for drawing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...