IGNORED

sum trax

th555

Been doing a bunch of relatively straightforward tracks, a drum track and some live synth takes mostly. First one's quite upbeat, the rest are rather downtempo. Last one is a sentimental bit that got a bit overcooked from ping-ponging too much on the 8-track.

• Burger 1

• 4 weeks later...

Put together an album with some recent tracks. These represent a pretty thorough shift in workflow for me, and as such they fit together quite snugly ? Clocking in at 36 minutes it's a respectable mini-album or maybe just an EP.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:04 PM, th555 said:

Put together an album with some recent tracks. These represent a pretty thorough shift in workflow for me, and as such they fit together quite snugly ? Clocking in at 36 minutes it's a respectable mini-album or maybe just an EP.

Listening to this now. Through the first few tracks, excellent sound design. The synth on Volcanic activity is BOC reminiscent ... it has a beautiful, warped wobble tone to it that tugs at some part of me. Likewise, I really like the melodies in Mirai. This is a style that feels familar but is hard to place. Possibly video game music. Videocomte is similar. I really like the sparse production.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's a long one, basically just two duophonic synth parts (so uh.. 4 parts) to a beat. And I guess the first time I've made an audio reactive video (instead of one where I have to mash buttons to the rhythm I want, which does have its charms too :p).

Edited by th555
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the way here's a stretch of tape with some melody-driven boom-tsck tracks lightly transitioning into each other, ending with some dungeon-ish stuff. The visual accompaniment is made with a CPPN which however does not get any audio or rhythmic input (but you would hardly notice ;)).

And here's a long-form (well, medium-form by IDM standards) improvisation over a melodic theme. This time the visuals are audio-driven, which does lead to some cool moments though overall I don't feel I've really tamed this CPPN stuff yet.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, th555 said:

Really nice. Those reeds sound phenomenal! I also like how the first 10 seconds kind of throws the listener off the scent of what the song is gonna be but then blends into the arrangement seamlessly.

• 1 month later...

I listened to nimnim because I didn't realize that was on older post. I really love how odd it sounds. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite like that, especially the use of what sounds like woodwind instruments.

Outremer felt repetitive to me, but that's probably just because I wasn't feeling the melody that much.

I like the progression to cave habitat, and the offputting feeling to the whole track.

I think you've got a unique sound that helps you stand out.