IGNORED

Daphni - Cherry

beerwolf

A807E760-809C-4BB4-BECF-5F66589E0207.jpeg.25ef1b43209d77ac81a4354dd0445519.jpeg

Can’t claim to be have much knowledge about Daphni/Caribou but decided to have a spin on this after reading the Pitchfork review and I fancied something new and upbeat to listen to. It’s rather good!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

I haven't listened much to his Daphni output which is mostly house-oriented I think? Caribou is more idietronica/electronic psychedelig pop. Swim and Andorra are my favorites, and highly recommended.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:19 AM, scumtron said:

I haven't listened much to his Daphni output which is mostly house-oriented I think? Caribou is more idietronica/electronic psychedelig pop. Swim and Andorra are my favorites, and highly recommended.

This is the first from Daphni that, in my opinion stands with Swim and Andorra. I love Caribou, drove halfway across the US to see them play (yeah, probably too far). After hearing this, I don't even care if Caribou is over (if they are). First things I heard from Daphni were ok but didn't seem like fully realized albums or eps, more like DJ fodder, this is not that. For me it bridges the gap between Caribou and Daphni and its perfect. I have a strong feeling Caribou is over and Daphni is it now, I'm good with it (if that's actually the case). I feel strong early Underworld vibes on this release, not to mention my first thought being "is this early orbital 2.0?". Strong recognition of past influence but also has a touch that is only his. Great album.

Edited by nature
  • Like 2

"Rushup Bank I 12" rushin' up into "Crimson" ?

It's OK though--it's an epic motif. Clark couldn't help himself either in the second act of "Hoova".

• Thanks 1