IGNORED

Dean Hurley - The Mystic (out now on Sacred Bones)

fumi

423142.jpg

The Mystic 1925

A fantastically atmospheric but rarely seen missing link in the development of Tod Browning’s artistry, set amid his favored milieu of shadowy sideshows and clever criminals, The Mystic provides a striking showcase for silent-era diva Aileen Pringle, who sports a series of memorably outré looks (courtesy of art deco designer Erté) as Zara, a phony psychic in a Hungarian carnival who, under the guidance of a Svengali-like con man (Conway Tearle), crashes—and proceeds to swindle—American high society. Browning’s fascination with the weird is on full display in the eerie séance sequences, while his subversive moral ambiguity extends surprising sympathy to even the most seemingly irredeemable of antiheroes.

New 2K digital restoration of The Mystic, with a new score by composer Dean Hurley.

I've only hear the previews so far, which are on Bleep.

https://bleep.com/release/423142-dean-hurley-the-mystic-original-score

24 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

got this today. loving it so far. reminds me a little of the flower record he did for library of the occult but i definitely like this moar

Yeah, I like it too. I wasn't keen on that other soundtrack he did recently, cannot remember the name of it. This is a much better fit.

5 minutes ago, fumi said:

Yeah, I like it too. I wasn't keen on that other soundtrack he did recently, cannot remember the name of it. This is a much better fit.

divinity soundtrack? yeah, that was a little uneven but i still found a few head nodders here and there