IGNORED

The Smile - Cutouts

seem to be a thing currently with afx and autechre just putting out whatever comes out of these lose jams while autechre has this formula nailed like no other even excelling their former studio releases with the new live recordings. I find it interesting when afx or Radiohead work like this as well - the output is just too much all over the place for me and many pieces just feel like dust covering the golden tracks hidden beneath it

Edited by o00o

On 10/15/2024 at 9:39 AM, danshoebridge said:

Yeah usually super keen on all things Radiohead but can't get much enthusiasm for this one. Doesn't help that the opening track sounds so half assed.

I reckon there's enough for a pretty decent album between the two that got released this year, a lot of B-side level stuff on there that could easily have been cut.

They didnt call it Cutouts for no reason... 

All of these and all of Wall of Eyes were recorded at the same time. They played close attention to curating WoE and this is whats left. Still some crazy ass stuff on here. Eyes and Mouth was my fav from that first Glastonbury performance and they def did it justice. Jonny's guitar and Skinners drums are outshining Thom on most of this album. Dont Get Me Started was a huge grower. I also really love Tiptoe (the strings are lush af)and The Slip is ace.