IGNORED

New Mix Inside!!

BCM

Well right off the bat, the bass is a little tedious to get into. When stuff finally comes in, it's better, it sounds like it could use a bass boost. The pad-like chord progression seems at odds with the bass especially when that little secondary melody is in there. Something about the timbres of the synths seems a little off, like they're too dry and stale; they don't move enough.

I like it when you finally changed the bass up, and the pad chord progression fits a lot better (along with the melody). This eventually turned out into a good song, the beginning was a bit rough. However, overall the sound quality wasn't all that pleasing. A lot of things sounded kind of harsh and washed out. I think a lot of attention to the 100 - 250Hz area is definitely needed. maybe stick a tige of reverb or delay on some of the instruments. It's all way too dry.

:cool:

*has total emotional breakdown* all my hopes and dreams dashed in a cruel stroke of mastering tradgedy!!!.... :sad::sad::sad:

well i still think it's brilliant :grin: :grin: :grin:

cheers for listening!

i loved the pads, i'm a big fan of those kind of patterens.

i honestly think the drums are the best I've heard from you. when i listen to most of your stuff, i usually think to myself, "i wish he put more work into the drums", which prevents me from wanting to listen multiple times (I've listen to this 4 times already). the drums on this are right-on. they werent too simple, and they didn't go overboard either. and the sound of the claps is really nice.

i liked the 303 patterns, but i think they over powered the track a little, and wished they didn't run through the whole track. i would have liked the pattern to be a little more varied too.

don't worry if it's not the best track ever, you've got the spirit.

keep it up!

nice work. :grin:

i loved the pads, i'm a big fan of those kind of patterens.

i honestly think the drums are the best I've heard from you. when i listen to most of your stuff, i usually think to myself, "i wish he put more work into the drums", which prevents me from wanting to listen multiple times (I've listen to this 4 times already). the drums on this are right-on. they werent too simple, and they didn't go overboard either. and the sound of the claps is really nice.

i liked the 303 patterns, but i think they over powered the track a little, and wished they didn't run through the whole track. i would have liked the pattern to be a little more varied too.

don't worry if it's not the best track ever, you've got the spirit.

keep it up!

nice work. :grin:

Cheers man! Yeah I did spend a teensy bit more time on the drums here, good that you noticed. Sorry if the 303's were a bit overpowering - I mastered when pissed....never a good idea......anyway - cheers for listening matey!

boring

Boring Shmoring :huh:

Archived