IGNORED

Philadelphia EKT's

autopilot

Today I was in my local coffeeshop, where the one waitress is a laptop musician. I told her I wanted to do a live show and asked for advice. She gave me the numbers for places I can put on house shows. Now I'm looking to get a crew together to put on a show.

Let's do this shit.

Guest taxman

i'd be down but i have no laptop. my parents live right next to philly though so i could probably do it.

actually i might not really need a computer at all now that i think about it. i could just play the really processed parts from tape.

Guest statas

hey peeps...been a long time lurker here, just bothering to finally register so i can throw my 2 cents in...

anyways. i live in philadelphia. i have a warehouse. i've been throwing partiesand shows for the past 7 years... mostly breakcore/ hardcore/ noise type stuff...

we're in the planning stages to kick off the new space in style... i'd like to have some local kidz come tear the sound up...

ppl i've played with/ have played our events:

xanopticon (hymen, aim, tigerbeat, mirex etc)

prometheus burning (hive, thac0)

duran duran duran (we put his first show on)

hrvatski

bombardier (lowres)

i-sound (full watts)

adjust (lowres)

zipperspy

vytear

skymall

many many more...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leafblower

Hi Earvalve....and everyone else in philly and beyond!

My name's Janic...i'm a member of leafblower, and we've been putting on a monthly electro/nerd event called broketronica at the sidecar bar and grill in south philly (22nd & Christian sts)

relevant links:

www.myspace.com/broketronica

myspace.com/leafblower

www.broketronica.com

www.leafblower.us

We're always looking for people to play, and as luck may have it our next event is this thursday, the third of august.

Feel free to contact us/me through the myspace pages if you can or through the website emails....

hook us up with some links....

and come check out broketronica!

aug03.jpg

Guest leafblower
Totally awesome! That's my neighborhood!

!!!Word¡¡¡ Come on down and say hi....we'll be the ones sweating our asses off in front of a multitude of laptops and cDJ's.....

bring some of your music along if you're interested in playing an event, we're always looking to check out new sounds.

see you then!

=j=

Guest leafblower

Hi all...sorry for the late reply but for some reason i wasn't able to post anything here for a while, kept gettin' bounced....

anywhoo...thanks to all who made it out to broketronica, we had a nice turnout.

the next broketronica event at the sidecar bar and grille (2201 christian st, philly) will be taking place on september 07 2006.

confirmed performers include:

leafblower (that's me and mark/broketronica founders/hosts)

the megadrives (baltimore based live pa)

IE0s&1s (I eat zeroes and ones) live PA from PA

Jason Carr (broketronica resident)

other performers TBA (if any)

starts at 9pm, till we stop.

no cover

21+

we accept donations.

this one is going to be off the hook, the megadrives are going to be be bringing big big sound.

more info:

www.broketronica.com

www.myspace.com/broketronica (add us!)

myspace.com/leafblower (add us too!)

myspace.com/themegadrives (add them)

myspace.com/mediumsized (jason carr-add him!)

thats all for now, more to come later!

Archived