IGNORED

Give Me A Reason (Kcinsu Remix)

kcinsu

Hello,

This is a remix I did for my good friends who have an acoustic duo called "Acoustic Chatter." Its just 2 guitars, and a female singer. Its very intimate and beautiful stuff. Well, they asked me to do a remix of one of their tracks, and to make it totally different, so I did.

Take a listen, and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

Give Me A Reason (Kcinsu Remix)

Guest AlexPallas
vocals shoulda been MESSD WIT. (for my taste, anyway)

i was thinking the same thing, maybe glitch.

more stereo in the mix too.

rad track, still.

This has a really strong opening, I love the click-tones and accomanying drums. However I must agree the bass that hits in the beginning needs to have a bigger impact, more full, perhaps layer it with a sine wave in the same octave just to give it a little more to feel, perhaps fade it in or out when necessary.

I think everything goes very well together, but it feels the synths are a little thin, which I think could be remedied with a little bit of a low-mid boost. Even still I think the tones are very interesting to listen to, and the whole thing is catchy. Though I also agree the the vocals need some kind of chopping. As it is, it's kind of electronic music-lite, I think it has a really great feel, it moves forward, and the sounds evolve and it's very catchy.

So overall: great! Just some minor EQ tweaking is what I'm looking for. Do have the original so we can have a gander?

Yeah this is really nice. The beginning bit especially. Bass hit sound OK on my stereo.....fuck fucking about with the vocals - they're really nice, why fuck 'em up? I don't particularly like the synth that pads out the chorus, could maybe be a bit smoother - more attack (as in, turn it up so it wooshes in instead of hits in), more decay as well IMO....

Anyway, dead good programming and that - you obviously know what you're doing. Nicely nicely.

thisket: thanks! yeah, I considered cutting up the vocals, and I tried various effects etc... but I just didnt think they fit. I kind of felt that if I did that, her words would become secondary, and I wanted the lyrics to remain the focus... not just the sound of her voice.

alexpallas: yeah, that was one of my thoughts while doing the final mix... that there wasnt enough stereo... Im still debating if I should go back and spread it out more or not.

chloroplast: hmmm, needs more low mids eh? I was actually conciously cutting them, cause the mix felt muddy with them. the synths are layered heavily, so it was a bit tricky to find a balance between them all. Ill see if I can do any tweaks without mudding it up.

mr. magoo: ? go for it man, I'm all ears.

BCM: are you talking about the bitcrushed kind of burst at the start of each chorus?

burger: thanks!

thanks for checking it out everybody! the comments and advice are greatly appriciated!

because you asked...

original version with acoustic guitar

Archived