IGNORED

Acid Buddy

Chris Moss Acid

http://huzzitac.kaen.org/acid/acid%20buddy.mp3

completely raw and still using the tape out to record, but i get paid on thursday which will warrent a trip to maplins for some serious lead buyage!

anyways enjoy

shit man, your 707 has an even higher pitch than mine and mine is pretty high pitched compared to some samples i found!

beautiful track, very summery. this would work really well on my mp3 player! can already bobbing my head to this on the bus :grin:

shit man, your 707 has an even higher pitch than mine and mine is pretty high pitched compared to some samples i found!

beautiful track, very summery. this would work really well on my mp3 player! can already bobbing my head to this on the bus :grin:

the 707 is probally the exact same, i did a little intuitive hat tip to bioslate and used a rimshot under the kick drum and the rim/cowbell was going though a diffrent channel in the mixer so it has diffrent eq.. the hats was a 606

yeah it was the rim shot that did it, i didnt notice it lol. they sound very similar from what i can discern, but not the same as some samples ive heard, try comparing with these ones

http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturer...TR-707/samples/

ueah i have them already i use them when i cant be bothered to switch on my 707. the snares are good as well as the cowbell and hand clap/rim crash

Guest αnalogue ψings

This is just about the most accomplished thing I've heard from you.

Is that the Minimogue VST doing the high octave leads? Did you see what I wrote about the DX-11 / TX81Z in that other thread?

The 303 at the end sounds fantastic! You really zoned in on a sweetspot there.

Very slight quibble: The hats sound a little bit EQed? I'm guessing the "treble" knobs on your mixer are shelved at 10k? With my 606, I prefer the sound of the hats either flat, or boosted at 12-16K. I find 10k too harsh for cymbals.

edit: just re-listening to the start. is that a 606 closed hat or a 707 tambourine?

Guest AlexPallas

my thoughts exactly, at this point its alot easier to listen to chriss's music than try to give him advice

Is that the Minimogue VST doing the high octave leads? Did you see what I wrote about the DX-11 / TX81Z in that other thread?

The 303 at the end sounds fantastic! You really zoned in on a sweetspot there.

Very slight quibble: The hats sound a little bit EQed? I'm guessing the "treble" knobs on your mixer are shelved at 10k? With my 606, I prefer the sound of the hats either flat, or boosted at 12-16K. I find 10k too harsh for cymbals.

edit: just re-listening to the start. is that a 606 closed hat or a 707 tambourine?

the high octave leads is the sub duer Vst with the Korg Legacy cell doing one part of the strings and the 3rd is th sub duer again

yeah the 606 hats was at around 10k my mixer is pretty shit to get a nice eq as you have to over drive the channel to get a nice sounding 606 IMO

the beggining is a 707 Tambourine

-

and leafeater i was mucking around with delay on a Zoom 707 GFX2 it allowes real time knob twidling also the 303 reverb was from the zoom as well as some compression o

-

i wasnt sure about the keychange in the middle but so far everyones liked that.. so i might redo it once i get some propper leads...

also im going to attempt to play this live this thursday in a gig in bristol... :cool:

Guest αnalogue ψings

The keychange IS a bit sudden. It almost sounds like an edit. Maybe let something from the previous bar echo for a bit to smooth it out?

This track is seriously wicked. It would make an awesome 12" with China Plate if you buy some new leads (and replace the distorted pads in CP with that nice PolySix vst)

But maybe you already thought of that, because Buddy = China Plate innit :grin:

The keychange IS a bit sudden. It almost sounds like an edit. Maybe let something from the previous bar echo for a bit to smooth it out?

This track is seriously wicked. It would make an awesome 12" with China Plate if you buy some new leads (and replace the distorted pads in CP with that nice PolySix vst)

But maybe you already thought of that, because Buddy = China Plate innit :grin:

yeah china plate is long gone...lost all patterns and live set for that one and i dont remember anything about it

yeah the keychange is sudden but as someone said "it grabbed me back into the song" so i guess its good for that..

i intend to *GASP" work on this track for a little while longer an see how it comes out with new leadage...

though there is a 3rd "china plate/acid buddy" track which will be on the CMA 12" with shitmat on stonedwave, i think its got the same vibe

acid buddy was more or less a demo track to send to anotehr label for my 7" split with dj jo quaid 5 out on waa records soonish

• 3 weeks later...

Archived