IGNORED

Out-growing your mixer

Guest dugbert

Guest dugbert

i started out with a 4-track Tascam 414mkII. it has 4 inputs, plus an rca line-in, and 2 effect returns

i used 1 hardware synth at a time, a line from my computer that had all the percussion plus some vst synths, and mostly used the effect sends and shit run some feedback loops through effects units and stuff

later i got some drum machines, which both have 6-8 outputs each, plus more synths.

so i got this Phonic 18 channel firewire mixer, but since then i've purchased a couple more machines and it's already completely full (plus i'm running the tascam into it as a sub-mixer)

i've got like 30 lines i want to mix and only like 20 channels to hook them up to. and i want to buy more shit. what the fuck am i going to do then.

i think if i bought a 32 or 54 channel or whatnot mixer my girlfriend would start to cry

when does spending thousands of dollars to dick around with sounds in your room go too far?

Guest blicero

maybe sum a few channels here and there? do you really need all the outs from all the hardware? if so, maybe get 2 mixers, instead of 1 large 1... i don't know.

Guest blicero

and how much does she spend on clothes, shoes, and other worthless shit that depreciates by a factor of 1000 the second she buys it?

Guest we_kill_soapscum

its ok to outgrow yr mixer

im on my 4th and those are just DJ mixers, all you really do with those is cut a channel in and out.

i really want a sexy analog board but i cant see getting one for a while. if you can even remotely afford it, then do it.

its ok to outgrow yr mixer

im on my 4th and those are just DJ mixers, all you really do with those is cut a channel in and out.

i really want a sexy analog board but i cant see getting one for a while. if you can even remotely afford it, then do it.

can you still buy analog new? give me some links soapscum

i have a mackie dfx12, i gig with it as well as a sub mixer.. it is like a tank bu ti still managed to blow one up, and got a replacement extremely fast..good service...

if i ever was gonna run out i'd get myself another (depending on how much inputs i need) ither a mackie 8 or 12 again.. i liek them but there nto the best for mixer overdrive...infact it sounds rubbish.. the best mixer i used was at resonance fm it was a beringher. made my 606 sound like a monster

i have a mackie 1402VLZ, dont think i'll be needing one in a long time. i just fucking love it, it's sturdy as a tank and colors the sound just perfectly.

Guest αnalogue ψings

I'm running out of patchbay modules :(

My last two synth buys had like 12 outputs between them, and I need them all cos otherwise the synth isn't multitimbral and the drum machine would use its ghey hard wired stereo mix.

a 16 channel mixer with about 24 ins should be cool for electronica. if you run out, you should be able to sum with a patchbay or even just use a cheapo passive miver

can you still buy analog new? give me some links soapscum

fully digital mixers are still quite rare, actually

jesus

here i am satisfied with an 8 (mono) channel boss mixer, does the job nicely for me:

drums

guitar 1

guitar 2

laptop

keyboard 1

keyboard 2

bass

vocal

.. all plugged into my pc for instant recording

Guest Mr. Magoo
jesus

here i am satisfied with an 8 (mono) channel boss mixer, does the job nicely for me:

drums

guitar 1

guitar 2

laptop

keyboard 1

keyboard 2

bass

vocal

.. all plugged into my pc for instant recording

bass ;)

Guest 277: 930-933
i'm gonna buy this devil eventually::

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yam...ects?sku=630055

it's pretty good value and it looks like good quality

i use a mackie dfx12 right now but i'm running out of channels like you

IF I were you I'd get one without the digital effects section, it's bound to be not so good.

Maybe look into a ghost?

Maybe a second hand yamaha ghost and invest the left over money into a multi effect module?

I dunno?

Maybe?

IF I were you I'd get one without the digital effects section, it's bound to be not so good.

Maybe look into a ghost?

Maybe a second hand yamaha ghost and invest the left over money into a multi effect module?

I dunno?

Maybe?

soundcraft makes the ghost, not yamaha. i have a ghost. i love the shit out of it. a ghost starts at like $5,000 though, which is like 5 times what he was talking about spending.

i have a 16 (8 mono and 4 stereo) channel alesis which has a nice sound but the main problem is that it only has 2 aux sends. i'm running out of channels so i'm thinking about Mackie onyx 1640 ... 16 mono channels and 6 aux sends. tasty.

that yamaha's looking good too and it's quite cheap. don't need the dsp fx though... i'd prefer 6 aux sends. any experience with yamaha mixers anyone?

Guest 277: 930-933

Maybe look into a ghost?

I dunno?

Maybe?

soundcraft makes the ghost, not yamaha. i have a ghost. i love the shit out of it. a ghost starts at like $5,000 though, which is like 5 times what he was talking about spending.

shit, you're right, I knew there was something wrong with my post.

But I've seen 2nd hand ghost mixers go for a lot less.

Otherwise the soundcraft LX series might offer a good solution.

Maybe look into a ghost?

I dunno?

Maybe?

shit, you're right, I knew there was something wrong with my post.

But I've seen 2nd hand ghost mixers go for a lot less.

Otherwise the soundcraft LX series might offer a good solution.

yea ghosts tend to go for about $2000 used. i'm going to hang on to mine.

the old mackie 32-8 chan desk - theeeee best eq's in the business

near enough every electronic artist has used one of these fuckers

mmmmmmmmm

pity mackie are shite now but

mo

guys i'm so hot for the Yamaha MG24/14FX right now... i'm prolly gonna get it next week! i went to see a MG16 today and it felt quite nice. the MG24 looks even sturdier and ... and ....

... and it has wooden endcheeks. :rolleyes:

guys i'm so hot for the Yamaha MG24/14FX right now... i'm prolly gonna get it next week! i went to see a MG16 today and it felt quite nice. the MG24 looks even sturdier and ... and ....

... and it has wooden endcheeks. :rolleyes:

i'm glad i could be of some assistance :flower:

Archived