IGNORED

Geogaddi Inverted cover

Guest cyphersum

Guest cyphersum

I'm sure this has been recognized before. I searched the forum but found nothing.

I thought it was an interesting find when I decided to do it when Geogaddi first came out and now I'm sharing.

Guest cyphersum
err

full of information that reply was.

i've been listening to BoC since you were 13... :)

how about a little feedback besides 'err' for this noob (actually not a noob, i supplied Joyrex with some aphex tidbits back in watmm heyday)

Guest cyphersum
im just trying to help you. get the ball rolling. push it up the hill etc.

cool. maybe we should push it downhill then

Guest skytree

i think this was initially brought to the attention of boc fans on David AC's former BoC pages, which now are tended by our fellow-watmmer, Fredd- E. as far as i'm aware, the inverted cover image observation was made closely after geogaddi's release, hence the sarcastic replies here thusfar. we're not a very forgiving bunch.

anyhow, i agree that it's interesting, but am hesitant to say it was intentional and/or significant.

Guest cyphersum
i think this was initially brought to the attention of boc fans on David AC's former BoC pages, which now are tended by our fellow-watmmer, Fredd- E. as far as i'm aware, the inverted cover image observation was made closely after geogaddi's release, hence the sarcastic replies here thusfar. we're not a very forgiving bunch.

anyhow, i agree that it's interesting, but am hesitant to say it was intentional and/or significant.

I am that person who provided the insight to David AC’s site. I'm happy to see that the information still exists. I had forgotten about it.

For me it's hard to imagine that such an occurance would be just purely coincidental. The probabilty of this being a coincidence is far less than that of intentional design.

As for significance, I would say just slightly. It's definitely not on the level of say Beatle's Abbey Road cover with barefoot Paul.

Guest cyphersum
er, it can't be coincidence that when inverted it's blue....? what exactly is significant about that... other than the other two BoC album covers are blue....

personally I think it's significant because of it's intentionality. I would go so far as to say that the original image was in fact turquoise and it was inverted. And of course the significance is that the color of the Universe is turquoise, just as BoC has observed.

Guest skytree

er, it can't be coincidence that when inverted it's blue....? what exactly is significant about that... other than the other two BoC album covers are blue....

personally I think it's significant because of it's intentionality. I would go so far as to say that the original image was in fact turquoise and it was inverted. And of course the significance is that the color of the Universe is turquoise, just as BoC has observed.

actually, the true color was recently adjusted to being beige, not turquoise. article here.

Also, that observation about the color of the universe being turqoise, was made long after turquoise became a recurring theme with BoC. Though I suppose the most rabid fanboys might conclude that BoC somehow intuited this...

Guest Moebius
personally I think it's significant because of it's intentionality. I would go so far as to say that the original image was in fact turquoise and it was inverted.

Perhaps, but the source image for the cover was already red.

The source image is rather intriguing to me; it looks like there's sort of frame around the figure's torso and head, almost like someone cut out a rectangle from a different photo and pasted it over the original. There used to be a higher res version of it on David's site, I think Fredd scaled it down a bit. You can see it on the cover itself as well.

Guest cyphersum
PWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

*drags cyphersum confused dazed body off of stage*

"ALRIGHT FOLKS< SETP RIGHT UP

help me out neighbor... i don't know the reference you make, what is pwn?

and neighbor... because you are basically a ferry ride away, i live in san juan isles vicinity.

Guest Raddcliff
don't most images come up blue/black/white/purple-ish when you photo negative them?

no. all colours have a negative value. you can check the colour wheel to find what their values are. the neg value or complimentary can be found directly across from you chosen value in the colour wheel.

here is a visual list of some values...

http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/colour...ary_colours.php

Archived