IGNORED

was this clip from the BoC site

Guest cyphersum

Guest cyphersum

i recorded it years ago. at one time i believe it was a background loop on music70 site.

i imagine these interludes are like seedlings or starts.

sometimes they grow into tracks like 'roygbiv'.

Guest Moebius
i recorded it years ago. at one time i believe it was a background loop on music70 site.

i imagine these interludes are like seedlings or starts.

sometimes they grow into tracks like 'roygbiv'.

can you be more specific? about what time exactly? On the "music70.com" domain name? Was that the original filename, "sunpillar.mp3"?

Guest cyphersum

it was recorded to tape in 1999, i think in december. i had it on tape for ages and decided to digitize it. i named it sunpillar b/c there was no info listed.

Guest cyphersum

fake or not, how does it make a difference?

if it's a boards track then... oooh, something new (adds to collection)

if it's a track i did then... hoax, sounds fake (on to next posting)

itisafaekbutyouhavetoquestionit.

deepdownyouwanttobelieve.

iknowido.

Guest cyphersum
fake..sounds very digital. poor eq

this is the very point i'm trying to make. if this was a boards track, you would not say that. it would just be another interlude track.

you don't really have any idea how i made this track... but i'm listening...

as for the EQ... i guess some BoC is poor then. but what is poor EQ, what does that mean? in what context? i find it's quite subjective especially if it's used as a tool for shaping sounds.

thanks for your attention, bye.

fake..sounds very digital. poor eq

this is the very point i'm trying to make. if this was a boards track, you would not say that. it would just be another interlude track.

you don't really have any idea how i made this track... but i'm listening...

as for the EQ... i guess some BoC is poor then. but what is poor EQ, what does that mean? in what context? i find it's quite subjective especially if it's used as a tool for shaping sounds.

thanks for your attention, bye.

The reason I knew it was a fake, was the entire intro melody is just not boccy, it lacks the right sound and emotional content. Hard to explain of course. The part you add towards the end is nice, and makes it more boccy. If you had spent more time on it you might have been able to convince me.

And yeah, the only fake BoC track I've heard that comes close to being indistinguishable from a real BoC track, is Chaosmachine's Incandescent Autumn.

Guest cyphersum

Hard to explain of course. The part you add towards the end is nice, and makes it more boccy. If you had spent more time on it you might have been able to convince me.

not hard to explain, i understand you.

this was a track i recorded in 99... not trying to fake a boards track mind you, i just always thought it had that quality and decided to post for fun.

it's just my voice, a casio sk1, some efx treatment then onto tape then arrangement in computer.

Archived