IGNORED

The Manor Boys

phillie-t

CS242671-01A-BIG.jpg

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=24564

With a cover sticker that proudly displays Luke Vibert's assessment of the album ("I couldn't really get into it...") alongside splenetic endorsements from Ceephax and Cassetteboy, the Manor Boys are a couple of Essex chaps - here laying down an LP of white-bread rapping, sliced and diced madness, showtime singing and 8-bit symphonies. Having been doing the rounds in CD-R for yonks now, Barry's Bootlegs have brought the photocopy ethic out into the open for an audience raised on the welcome f*ckwittery of Cassette Boy et al. Opening through the appropriately titled 'Intro', the Manor Boys immediately assert their aesthetic through some spliced vocals, grand piano and military pomp - all of which collapses into the "oi oi!" Casio romp of 'We Are The Manor Boys'. Changing styles with flippant ease, 'Chelmsford Scientists' arrives next with a darker hue as the boys get chatty over some distorted beats for a nice hip-hop rip off, before 'The Girl That Didn't Want To Know Me' nicks a familiar sample and weaves a tale of love lost... Elsewhere, 'Rich Is Gay' rocks some more well-known cuts for some homoerotic styles, 'The Return Of The Ninja' is a collage of sounds that shares much with The Mighty Boosh, whilst 'Lost And Found' is like a British Chilly Gonzales in full tracksuit mood. To the manor born!

I wrote a manor boys poem, hope you appreciate it!

Rape me in the butt

I wanna be your slut

Pound me with your dick

I wanna be your chick

Lube me with your spit

Hope you're not afraid of shit

Even though I am a boy

I wanna be your toy

If you're nice and reach around

I'll let you fuck me like a hound

Soak me with your cum

choke me with your bum