IGNORED

something i was making today

kaen

im well stuck right now so id appreciate some opinions or err anything on where to go with this track, i got a couple of key melodies down but it feels a bit monotonous and samey, whatev and i know it sounds boc, evrything i make ends up sounding boc..btw i suck at making beats

lakesmere - untitled

Guest greenbank

sounds a bit muffled beat-wise but not too shabby, maybe add a big tasty bass noise to carry things forward a bit? is it clipping a wee bit too?

i feel it, when that loan some beat started i wasnt aware it was part of the song i though someone was shooting a gun off in the distance, which is cool i think. you did well with this beat when it finally comes alive, maybe you can spend all the free time before hand and build it up, give the song some more character. It is missing something though, maybe you can expand on the beat or something, or a loose beat with some sporadic fills.

i think you can try using different drum samples and making a simpler beat...maybe slow down the bpm, too. your track has some good ideas in it, but needs some tweaking

like the synths but i didn't find the beats fitted that well, didn't like their sound and the sequencing either. i think their should be either more electronic, or more analog. before the beats started i was expecting some changes in the chord sequence/harmony. and maybe some unfiltered (or slightly filtered) square or sawtooth synths to contrast with the paddy ones.

my two-pence ideas :)

Guest Franklin

i wouldnt have expected this kind of music from you kaen.

very nice.

i would love some north american indian tribal beat and chanting with these synths.

maybe i'll explore this.

i like it!

I think the problem with this is that it is not hypnotic enough to draw you in. It almost is but isn't quite. It is something i think is important within music like this. All the elements are there it's just lacking a certain something. I would be interested to hear this when it's all done.

Archived