IGNORED

Good spec laptop for Ableton and Traktor

Guest The Bro

What's like the minimum spec for a laptop running Ableton and Traktor would you folks say? Currently I have access to P4 2.8ghz 512 rm vaio and it really does the job no problemo. Naturally am thinking about getting my own and am curious realistically what I should get.

budget yo?

£0 lol. Maybe £600-700 tops.

hmmm if you are going to be using Live 6 you might beable to get a mid-end duo core processor (2 processors in one) because 6 supports that whereas 5 doesnt. I was looking on dell.com/uk and you can get a new duo core 2 system with 15.4" screen, 1 gig of memory, 80 gig 7200 rpm hard drive, 8x +/- RW DVD/CD drive, 2 year warranty, on board 256mb graphics card, wireless card, sound blaster sound card for £783 with free shipping and that system should last you a while, that is if you are a dell man.

if sony is your laptop brand of choice, and you are a live 5 kind of man, then the lappy you are using/borrowing now should do the trick and it just needs a memory upgrade and you can find cheap used vaios without even trying with your budget, and probably even cheaper.

Archived