IGNORED

Phonatacid

Guest Thisket

Guest Thisket

Before there are too many single track topics...

I think it's the best song ever made.

Such noises... I remember thinking it was the berries the first time I heard it. After it first came out I'd play it in the car and go around driving at 2 AM and stare at the streetlights going by. I'm glad I didn't die, but it would have not made for a bad way to go.

But what about it? It has such a feeling to it. When I listen to it, I almost feel like I'm freezing. Nothing seems quite wrong about it. Even now that odd, out-of-place vocoder bit seems to be right. It's almost like the "perfect music", even if just in my opinion.

Whaddabout yous guys? Have you heard the hidden TR-808 cowbell in it?

Guest Thisket

That sucks... :unhappy: (the difficulty part)

Well, I'm pretty sure the noise going through the vocoder is just a synthesizer. I know in one part the release of a synthesizer changes, and so does the "release" of the vocoder. It'd be hard to keep talking the same thing so precisely over and over.

But whatev. :sorcerer: fart

Guest Thisket

Well, I'm not telling everybody that it's their favorite.

But yeah, all of Analord is divine, especially the mentioned bits.

i originally asked what the voice was saying. i can definitely hear a voice. or maybe a very very nice synthesizer making formants. i'll never know.

anyway fantastic track.

Before there are too many single track topics...

I think it's the best song ever made.

Such noises... I remember thinking it was the berries the first time I heard it. After it first came out I'd play it in the car and go around driving at 2 AM and stare at the streetlights going by. I'm glad I didn't die, but it would have not made for a bad way to go.

But what about it? It has such a feeling to it. When I listen to it, I almost feel like I'm freezing. Nothing seems quite wrong about it. Even now that odd, out-of-place vocoder bit seems to be right. It's almost like the "perfect music", even if just in my opinion.

Whaddabout yous guys? Have you heard the hidden TR-808 cowbell in it?

Analord 2 is the best, but Pissed up in SE1 takes the cake.

so true. definitely among the best stuff aphex has farted out. with my usual visual associations to music, i find phonatacid is the perfect concrete silo track. pissed up in se1 is the perfect walking around or riding the bus in mid-winter track.

Archived