IGNORED

bocs scales

Guest môak

i've noticed (with synths) that boc seems to get 'their' sound from loads of detailed detuning, i suspect fine tuning and semitones are wholy important not only to the melody but also the 'sound dynamics'.

such as slow this bird down, i suspect that 7 is a number that is played around with alot, as in oscillators have mathimatical differences and that 7 may be used to detune an osc or more to create this tracks 'hollow' sound.

7 motha fucka 7!

i\m basically saying, boc detune their musical elements to create 'their' sound, like the hollowness in slow this bird down, and i suspect using 7 as in semitone detuning, creates a hollow sound.

wow, for fucks sake, if it were 11 or 8 i would have said so, but whenever i experiment with using 7 as a factor there always seems to be boc similarities in sounds than any other number

wow, for fucks sake, if it were 11 or 8 i would have said so, but whenever i experiment with using 7 as a factor there always seems to be boc similarities in sounds than any other number

i think you need to try making it go to 11 more cause it's one louder, innit.

get off the crack bitch

semitone detuning doesnt bring any more "hollow" sound, it detunes the tone by 7 semitones, aka a fifth

eh??????

semitone detuning detunes by a semitone.

fifth detuning detunes by a fifth.

get off the crack bitch

semitone detuning doesnt bring any more "hollow" sound, it detunes the tone by 7 semitones, aka a fifth

eh??????

semitone detuning detunes by a semitone.

fifth detuning detunes by a fifth.

7 semitones = a fifth

Guest Techboy

i dont quite know how the tuning on my keyboard works but bocuma is normal +14 and um audiotrack 11, at the end of triangles and rhombuses or whatever is -14. how.. fun and meaningful.

melissa juice was -23 or something entirely useless though.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
Whats up, fanboys?

hi, idmman.

today we are failing to grasp the concept of microtonal music.

how are you?

Archived