IGNORED

w0t kinda microphone should I get?

Guest No Pomo

Guest Glass Plate

My friend is letting my use his Digital Multitracker, and I can record most stuff, but I'd like to record my Melodica, Oboe, vocals etc. Any suggestions? I'm on a pretty low budget 50-100 USD would be best.

no iwas talking to the topic starter, but yeh i got a shure, i get big buzz from mine do you??? IT SUCKS BALLS

I love mine. Ive shoved it in boxes, bags, pockets, left in in freezing cold cars, burnign hot cars, Ive smacked it on things, swung it around like a damn ninja weapon, and it still records just about everything "ok", which is all I care about.

Guest Glass Plate

lol Im a lazy bastard, I just went ahead and got a shure. (nm I lost that e-bay thing, but that's what I'll get I s'pose)

Guest Glass Plate

I still haven't gotten it, I think my friend has a C01U, sounded pretty nice, but didn't seem to fit on any of his mic stands, and he treats it with shit because of this, but then again, I'm not him, and don't treat my stuff like shit.

Guest feta lol
My friend is letting my use his Digital Multitracker, and I can record most stuff, but I'd like to record my Melodica, Oboe, vocals etc. Any suggestions? I'm on a pretty low budget 50-100 USD would be best.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD MIC TO USE WITH BOTH INSTRUMENTS AND VOCALS FOR UNDER A 100 BUCKS!

-worlds most asked questions at guitar center

Guest we_kill_soapscum

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD MIC TO USE WITH BOTH INSTRUMENTS AND VOCALS FOR UNDER A 100 BUCKS!

unfortunately this is true. the only answer would be an sm57; i've used these for vocals in live situations ie @ the radio station. they don't work well, but they work. i just add my own windscreen (basically making it a 58)

Guest feta lol

im sorry to yell it's just that i got that question 5 times a day. i dont understand why som epeople think that there is some secret mic that is perfect for everything and only like 50 bucks. like there is some mic with a switch on that changes it from a condenser to dynamic. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skytree

unfortunately this is true. the only answer would be an sm57; i've used these for vocals in live situations ie @ the radio station. they don't work well, but they work. i just add my own windscreen (basically making it a 58)

i use an sm58 for a lot of recording, and it's been effective for both vocals and instruments. i've done a few sessions recording my brother singing and playing guitar, using just one mic, with really good results.

so if you're going to get a shure, and want to record vocals and instruments in one convenient package, my money's on the 58.

Archived